skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I'm linking up with Smiling Sally today and proudly displaying my son's "Turning Blue" ceremony pictures. This ceremony is the advancement of a soldier to an Infantryman and is signified by a loved one tying a blue cord on their shoulder. My son asked me to do this honor for him. I'll let all of the pictures speak for themselves as I was trembling and couldn't speak anyway. The middle picture is the beginning of the ceremony when we began with prayer....and this is when my tears began. Every great man begins with prayer and it is my hope that my son never forgets this lesson.
Numbers 6:24-26 "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace"
15 comments:
What a precious moment. BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for sharing!
Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea
Wow! I could cry just seeing you two. Your son looks so grown up! I am so thankful you were able to be there. Praying for all of you!
How proud you must be of this handsome, accomplished man.
Happy Blue Monday!
I am tearing up as I write this. What a total honor for you!! And beginning with prayer...amazing!!! In this "throw God and prayer out the window" society, to begin such an important ceremony with prayer is totally awesome.
Such a proud moment for both you and Josh. Rejoicing with you for this wonderful accomplishment in his life.
Love,
Patti
Beautiful pictures. Love the scripture you choose to go along with this post.
Congratulations!! Exciting!!
How proud of him you must be.
Thank you for posting the pictures.
Proud son and momma. thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.
You got one great boy their! Thanks for sharing :)
((Hugs!))
Samantha ;)
What a proud Mom moment. So happy for you!
Oh what a wonderful moment between you and your son. How precious!
So beyond beautiful sis.
Awwww, I know you are so proud of that young man! What a special time. Thanks for sharing these pictures. What is the plan for him now?
What an incredible and unforgettable moment!
What a handsome son you have, and what a beautiful verse you shared!
Love these pictures. So glad you have your son and this time with him. Love you.
Post a Comment