East Ridge High School Knights - 32 / Ocoee Knights - 20 Yay! We won. This is my knight before we took our walk on the field for Senior Appreciation Night. I could barely breathe across the field .. it felt so final .. next week is their final game depending on if they make playoffs.

To every mother who has raised a knight and must let him go, remember, they were only entrusted to us for this very purpose, and as much as there is an emptiness and ache inside, try to watch them shine!! May the Lord bless you today...big hugs from me to you!
12 comments:
This is so precious dear sister. Your son is so handsome and you are beautiful! What a tribute of your love as a Momma.
So glad they won!
Love you.
What a beautiful photo my sweet Debra! You are beaming with Mother's joy! :)
I love you my friend! Hope you had a great time visiting with old friend in TX. :)
Kathy
I know you are a proud Momma! It was kind of weird looking at his picture then hearing his voice in the other room! LOL
Love you my friend.
Kim
Debra,
You have raised one awesome Knight & he does shine bright. He is so handsome & His love for the Lord is amazing.
You & Jay have done a wonderful job training him.
Hugs,
Mimi
Great picture! Having let go of 3 knights of my own, I know what you mean about it feeling so final...but then there are grandchildren....
May God bless you, and your dear knight. I love you.
What a great picture and beautiful words!!
You've done a great job raising a godly man!!
I know letting go is hard. However, you have raised an awesome knight, and he will in anything he does.
Oh friend...isn't it unbelievable that your son is a Senior??? I too am feeling the same things.
Our football team lost today..in our 2nd game of sectional play (Andrew doesn't play football...but rather b-ball) so now..it's full steam ahead for buckets. Which..is hard to believe that it's the final year.
I'll be thinking of you...each time I'm reminded...of how quickly time goes.
Blessings.
What a great pic! How proud you mush be of your Knight and the man he has become...may God continue to bless him and lead him as he graduates. I am sad just thinking about that night with my boys and they aren't even in high school yet! LOL
And congrats on the win...that makes it even sweeter! Our last game is next Friday and if we win, it will determine whether or not we go to play offs. Last night the Wildcats did not fare so well and were defeated by the Jags in an ugly loss....
Have a great rest of your weekend!
~Love, Stacey
OH what a great picture!
Thank you for those wonderful words of wisdom my friend. Being a mama is hard work and I can't imagine letting him go one day. But thank you for showing us that it can be done graciously and expectantly.
Hey Debra,
I got a big hot lump in my throat as I read your sweet post and shared your picture of you and your son.
It is really hard to cut thee apron strings isn't it?
But you prepared your son well sweet sister.
Holykisses Lea
Post a Comment