Sunday, May 17, 2009

Monday, Monday

Good morning! I would like to thank each and everyone of you that have stopped by and given me words of encouragement and have been lifting up my family and I in prayer.

I saw a dear sister at church today and she simply edified my Spirit by her kindness of offers of help in any and every way while I am back and forth helping my parents. I would like to give you an update.

Last Wednesday when I took my father to the doctor, we went to see his brother together and found my Uncle Martin awake and in good spirits. I was able to feed him oatmeal and two cups of coffee and get a couple of smiles out of him. The very next day he went into a coma. I arrived to feed him and he was unable to respond to me and the nurse told me he would not be waking up anymore.

When my cousin, Susan, arrived I told her about her Dad and walked her in. She also told me she was able to handle all of this because her father had accepted the Lord just the week before. Praise the Lord.

My father's sister, my Aunt Margaret, went into ICU at the same time and went on a breathing tube for a collapsed lung. She is still in ICU and has undergone surgery and just today they took the breathing tube out of her. It is still touch and go at this point. My father and his brothers and sisters are holding up the best they can.

I am so thankful for the Lord and His Word and the strength He has given me throughout this ordeal. Although, I must confess, today after church all I wanted to do was sleep sleep sleep.

Please forgive my lack of getting to your blogs and commenting. And thank you for your encouragement anyway to me in the lack of my ability to reciprocate.





Psalm 23:2 " He makes me lay down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters"
May the Lord bless you today. Big hugs to you.

34 comments:

Denise said...

I love you my dear friend, keeping you in my prayers.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Debra, just Saturday I was praying for you and thinking I need to send an e-mail to check on you. Thanks for a partial update.

You remain in my prayers. Among other things, I've asked the Lord to first give you strength of soul as well as strength of body.

Love,
Anne

Debbie Petras said...

Debra, you get all the rest you need. Your blogging friends are here for you but don't worry about visiting our blogs at a time like this. We understand. And I'm praying for you and your family. So glad to read that your uncle accepted the Lord. Sometimes it comes down to the final days but how our God provides every opportunity. He is so patient with us and merciful. Love you friend.

Marsha said...

Debra, I understand where you are with your family. I was just there myself.
The beautiful thing about the blog community is the way friends rally and give encouragement to one another. Please know I am praying for you and will check on you as I can. I'm still getting back into the swing of things myself.
The last thing you need to worry about is visiting all of us right now.
You are in my prayers, my friend.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You know we all love you my friend!
Prayers are going up for you!
Hugs.
Kim

April said...

Debra~
I know you and your family have been going through so much lately and my heart truly goes out to you. Please know that I'm praying for all of you. May the peace of God surround you and bring you comfort. Big hugs, sweet friend!

Unknown said...

NO apologies are necessary Debra!

We are all here to support one another and help carry each other burdens.

It is my joy and privilege to pray for you and your family now!

Praying that you get all the rest you need during this time! May the Lord sustain you and be your constant strength!

Praising God that your Uncle accepted the LORD right on time!

Hugs and much love,
Jill

Beth in NC said...

Wow, I didn't know all of this was going on. I will lift up your family right now.

Love,
Beth

Karen said...

So sorry to hear about your family. I know this is such a difficult time for you. I will definitely keep you all in my prayers.
Karen

Carol said...

Debra,

I didn't know all of this was going because I haven't been consistent myself lately. Bless your heart for all you are doing for your father and his siblings.

May the Lord give you strength and courage through this difficult time.

Blessings!

luvmy4sons said...

May the Lord surround you and your family during this time.

Samantha said...

Praying for you and your dear family.

bp said...

Thanks for updating, I've been praying for you. That is a great verse to end your post with today.

Mikki said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip. All is in God's hands and I know you find peace there.

Don't ever feel like you have to apologize for not blogging.. May you find rest and be renewed today!

Sweet Blessings said...

i haven't been able to read blogs or keep up with my own lately either since the birth of our baby and finishing our move. i wanted to quickly let you know that while i was driving yesterday, the Lord put you on my heart and i was praying for you-I hadn't been caught up at all of what you've been blogging about-i've just read your blog-the Lord is good. you're in my thoughts and prayers friend! :)
amanda

QueenBee said...

But ain't God still good!!

Jennifer said...

Continuing to lift you and your family up in prayer.

Praying for peace and strength during this difficult time.

((HUGS))

Laurie Ann said...

I'm so glad you made it home and so glad his daughter made peace with it because of his decision for Christ. I wish I was there to just give you a hug, sweet sister.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

No apologies needed my friend! I pray you are able to get some rest this week. And I will definitely be praying for your family!

Kelly said...

Hey Friend... My hubby deleted cookies or something quirky like that, so email me at gooch4@gmail.com and we will exchange #'s!! Have a great tues.!

Jennsmere said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend. Thanks for letting us know how you are going...

Be blessed,
Susan

McCrakensx4 said...

Hoping and praying you get the rest you need. And also for you and your family. Take care! ((hugs)) Stacey xo

More Than Words said...

Oh, Debra!! I feel like such a bad blogging friend because I had no idea that all this was going on!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be praying for your family and for the Lord to give you His strength!!!!!!

HUGS,
Alicia

Bug said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. It is amazing that when we think our plate is full and our cup is running over, he gives us more to handle to prove that we can handle more with him! You are an inspiration to many. And you know what...it is ok to sleep, sleep, sleep! :) I have found myself doing that a lot lately as well.

Prayers my friend.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Debra,

I am so glad to hear that peace is helping you make it through these tough days. You know that when things like this happen...you commenting on our blogs is the LAST thing that we think about. We want to make sure that you are taken care of and if sleep is what you need...then that is what you should have!

We love you and when you are ready...we will be waiting (((((HUGS))))))
T

Daphine said...

I'm sorry to hear about all of this Debra. Please know that I am praying for you and your loved ones now. This too shall pass.

Love you!
Daphine

MOMSWEB said...

I can't believe you actually asked for forgiveness for not getting to our blogs with everything you have going on. This just shows your sweet, sweet, compassionate spirit. Bless you.

Lisa said...

That is wonderful news about your uncle receiving salvation and what perfect times you were there to feed him...I am praying you continued strength and for you aunt as well is she still in the ICU?

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Hi Debra i mention you overhere
http://myjourney-godsown.blogspot.com/2009/05/blogger-appreciation-week.html

GranthamLynn said...

Thinking about you. I put the song More than a Friend on my site again for this week. It's lyrics make me think of you now as you need your friends prayers. And we are on our needs for you.
Take care.
Hugs,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Praise for your uncle's salvation! You have a lot on your plate right now. I have tagged you for a meme but certainly understand if you do not do it.
Mama Bear

LisaShaw said...

You are deeply loved by all of us. We are all praying for you and your precious family members.

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry to hear of the illness in your family. I am glad to hear he accepted Jesus, that is really good news! It's OK to get some rest, you have to take care of yourself so you can take care of others;) God Bless~

Jennsmere said...

Still missing you, sweet Debra!
Susan

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?