
Happy Thursday, my sisters....my friends. The hour is late and I am extremely tired and this post is going to be a bit rough as I don't know who is hosting Thankful Thursday this week/month....I've just lost track. However, I want to post the following:
I am thankful that my Uncle Martin surrendered his life to the Lord one week before he died. I was with him Friday, May 22, early in the morning and he had begun what the nurses called "end of stage" breathing. I sat and held his hand and talked with him about the fun things we did when I was younger and told him that I didn't say "thank you" enough but I wanted him to know that he was a great Uncle and I had appreciated him in my life. I also told him that I was so glad that he had accepted Jesus and that he would soon be wrapped in His arms and he would be reunited with his bride, my Aunt Pat.
I assured him of my love and then assured him of the love of the Lord ten thousand times more. And then I left him. He died that evening. The pastor that had witnessed to him for over 34 years cried at his funeral and spoke of the peace my Uncle had in his last days after he laid his pride aside and accepted the Lord...and it was true. Many remarked about how peaceful he was.
So I am thankful for the Holy Spirit that was ever persistent and never gave up on my Uncle and I am thankful for the peace that transcends all understanding. My family has lost now 7 family members in this last year...it has been an extremely hard toll and we are now looking at my Aunt Margaret who was just put back in ICU and we have been told she probably won't make it. This is my father's sister.
So again, if I am absent, please know why. I am feeling a little overwhelmed and needing to be with my family in Vero and realizing there are only 24 hours in a day. I want to also say thank you for all of your prayers and outpouring of support. You have lifted me up and I do feel weary. I am thankful the Lord put you all in my life ... even in this arena of blogland. You all mean so much to me.
May the Lord bless you. I truly do think of you often and pray you are all doing well. I love and miss you.




















31 comments:
It sounds like he was ready, but I know it's hard for the family still alive. Prayers said for you and your family...
Oh Debra, lifting you and your family up in prayer. I am so glad that your uncle found Jesus before dying. That is so awesome. I hope and pray for peace sweet friend. Take care.
xoxo ~Stacey ((hugs))
Oh, Debra...how awesome that your uncle is in the presence of the Lord right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! I've heard stories of people receiving the Lord on their last days, and how peaceful they were right after they did!!
I'll be praying for you and your family, Debra! That is alot to go through in such a short time.
HUGS & LOVE!
Alicia
Debra - you are loved! You are being lifted up! I do appeciate you!
Praising God for your Uncle's acceptance of the most precious gift!
Praying for your Aunt!
Praying for strength and comfort!
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
Praying you are taking care of you!
Love,
Jill
You know I love you girlfriend. I'm going to keep checking up on you and calling you! Get rest and let the Lord do His thing.
Hugs.
Kim
Thanks for sharing of this precious soul and his late in life decision for Christ.
Thank you for always having such a positive, uplifting spirit. You are precious and very much loved and appreciated.
Here's hoping that the Lord restores you. I'm sure He will, because you are such a faithful servant to pass that care on to others.
Rejoicing that your uncle came to the Lord before he died. So sorry for all of your loss.
Jesus,
Please wrap Your arms around our sweet sister. May she know Your presence in a very real way. May she feel Your everlasting arms around her. May she find peace in her storm and solace in her grief. Touch her and show her Your glory...the glory of the One who is all and through all! Thank You Lord that we have the hope of life eternal. Help her to look not at the seen for it is temporary but to keep her eyes transfixed on You and the unseen which is eternal. In Your name Lord, Jesus. Amen.
Rock of Ages cleft for me
Let me hide myself in Thee
Let the water and the blood
From Your riven side which flowed
Be of sin the double cure
Save from warath and make me pure
While I draw this feeting breath,
When my eyelids close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Dear Freind! I rejoice in knowing that he is with the Lord, but know it is also bitter sweet! Pls. give me a call if you guys need anything at all! Overwhelmed is a terrible feeling! gooch4@gmail.com -- we can exchange those #'s!!
Hi Sweet One,
Continuing to pray...
I love you.
I am so sorry to hear the news about your uncle passing away, but what a blessing that he got saved!!! I will lift your aunt and the rest of your family up in my prayers as you prepare for her homecoming. You've had so much to deal with as of late...may God comfort you, sweet friend!
Always remember how much we all care about you! Big hugs!
Oh what a beautiful time with your uncle. But I am so sorry for your family. I will definitely continue to pray for you my friend. May He wrap His loving arms around you and comfort your family with His peace.
Take care my sweet friend!
I hope you can get some rest soon!
Debra, how sad to read about your uncle's passing and the death toll among your family this past year. I'm glad you have the comfort that those who were believers are with the Lord.
Take care, and you'll be in my prayers.
Oh sweet sister in Christ. My heart aches for you and rejoices with you at the same time.
It is so hard to see loved ones go on, but what a joy that they know and are now in the loving arms of their Heavenly Father.
May this time with your family be the soothing balm your hurting soul needs.
Blessings :-)
Debra, you have been missed. It's just not the same bloggy world without your sweet posts and comments.
I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with so much death lately in your family. But how wonderful that your uncle received Jesus as his Savior while he still had time. Like the thief on the cross, Jesus told him He would see him in paradise. And so will your uncle. How merciful and patient our God is. It gives me hope for a few loved ones who still don't know Him ...yet.
Please know that you are prayed for and loved. I'm so glad to know better how to pray for you too. May the Lord bless you and give you His strength for each day and I'm sure sometimes each moment.
Debra, Your family is in my prayers. I'm glad you got to share this time with your uncle as he left this earth. I pray God will lift you up when you feel you have nothing left to give and you'll feel his prescence as you face each new day.
My prayers continue for you dear, and your family. I love you.
Debra,
I'm so glad your Uncle accepted Jesus. It was great that you got to tell him thank you for what he has meant in your life.
I'll be praying for your family as they go through this difficult time.
Continuing to life up you and your family, Debra!
Your family has been through a very rough, trying year but God will wipe away every tear from your eyes and return joy to your hearts. Lean on Him, my friend and find your rest in Him.
Love you!
I will be praying for you and all of your family. Love you!
Praying for you and your precious family.
Hugs and blessings to you dear friend.
Thank you so much for sharing this..I ended up getting tears in my eyes...
I have missed you much sweet Debra.
What a homecoming for your great uncle. That is so awesome!
Praying for your family.
Hugs,
mimi
Still saying prayers and thank you for keeping us up on what is going on. Glad to hear about your uncle accepting Christ too. That is very reassuring. ((((HUGS)))))
Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, my sweet friend!
It is so hard to lose the ones we love, even if we know we're losing them to Jesus. We still miss them but wouldn't want them back. Heaven is just to awesome!
glad your uncle received Jesus in his heart before he left this world. that alone is a relief knowing that he will spend eternity in heaven. (((hugs))) get some rest, debra. you need it. God bless you.
Oh Debra, I am so sorry for such a rough time. It is such joy when we know our loved ones are to be reunited with the Lord but the pain we go through at death... and 7 times in one year? I pray God continues to offer you His strength!!! Be blessed.
What a sweet testimony of God's grace in your Uncle's life. Praise the Lord!
I continue to pray for you through these trying times.
Blessings.
Debra Kaye,
Girl, Wow, what an amazing thing to unfold in your life. I want to meet your uncle one day when we are in heaven. God bless you and sending you a Big hug.
See you next week at Lauries. Lynn
You are so precious! Thank you for sharing your thankful heart. I'm so glad to hear that your uncle trusted the Lord! I'm sure that is some comfort to you. I truly understand about feeling overwhelmed. My hubby and I lost two parents in the last five months. Between the two of us we only have my mom. I'm spending more time with her while we are back here in PA.... not so much time on the blogging world either. God bless you my dear friend.
Morning by morning new mercies I see...
Sounds like you and your family have been going through some very dark times, but what a wonderful testimony too of both your uncle and aunt receiving the gift of salvation so late in life.
May the Lord hold you close and comfort you as only He can do, and may He fill your hearts with His peace.
Post a Comment