
This is my son, Joshua Paul, on the day he took an oath to serve his country. He is no longer a civilian. He is a military man. He is property of the US Army.
The ceremony was fairly short and extremely touching for this Mom. Out of the six or seven young men present, my husband and I were there to snap away pictures of our son and another mom was there for her son. It made me want to grab them all and hug them and tell them "thank you" for what they were about to do.
I absolutely loved his backpack! It says US Army! I had to stand on the curb to get this kiss on the cheek and he was humoring me, but I just thought that backback was so cute hanging on his back. He could not believe I thought it was cute....rugged was the word he would like me to use! lol This has been one of the most emotional times of my life. Within three months my son will turn 18, graduate and then twelve days after graduation he leaves for Ft. Bening. Sometimes, I want to say STOP! This is all happening too fast and I can't wrap my heart around it yet. I'm not ready. However, God has deemed it time. And I must trust Him.
I'm holding on tight, Lord. I trust You. Thank You for being faithful.
Psalm 13:5 " But I have trusted in Thy lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation"




















26 comments:
Wow Debbie your handsome brave son,...you must be so proud, my prayers go with him.
Praying for you and your dear son.
Deb...this just makes my heart dance and ache all at the same time! I can only imagine how very proud you must be of the fine young man you've raised. What an incredible leap of faith he's taking to make the decision to serve his country...GOD BLESS HIM! Trust me...I know how hard it is to let go because I'm going through it, too, with Brittany. However, we just have to put all of our faith and trust in God that He will see us through...and I KNOW He will! Look into the book called "The Gift of An Ordinary Day" by Katrina Kenison. I've just started reading it and I can't hardly put it down. It's about the letting go process and what the Bible says about it. There's also a video on You Tube under the same name...have a Kleenex handy!
Cherish these last few months, as I know I will...but keep believing that greater things are yet to come! Love ya!
Oh how sweet. You brought tears to my eyes. I feel like I've watched Joshua grow up over the last year on your blog. May God watch over him keep him safe. May He also give you peace my sweet sister.
Please tell him thank you for me. Coming from a military family, I have a deep appreciation for our young men and women who will dedicate their lives to the cause of freedom.
It's hard when the day actually comes and I do know that it is coming to soon for you my friend.
He's someone you can be proud of!
Love you my friend.
Kim
Oh Debra...I can't imagine all of the emotions you must be feeling...proud...sad...scared...but trusting is the most important! ((hugs)) to you my friend!
~Stacey
Congratulations.
My oldest son is a marine and my middle son is in the process of signing up in the army.
Hugs,
andrea
so many reasons to be proud mama! God bless him and your family. I am a grateful citizen!
Oh, Debbie...this tribute brought tears to my eyes. Josh is a amazing young man that I know you are extremely proud of. Thank you, Josh for serving our country and fighting for our freedom.
It makes me sad to think how quickly life passes by and in just a little over 2 years, Tyler will be graduating also.
Wow! Although, we have never really "met" your son, he is well loved and admired at our home! I am so proud for you and yet my heart aches for you too. May the Lord bless him and keep him and cause His face to shine upon him and be gracious to him and may He perfect that which concerns your precious momma's heart.
What a GREAT post!!
Like I've said many times before, you have an amazing young man. And I know this is both a proud and hear wrenching moment for you sweet friend.
God has GREAT plans for Joshua!!
Love you!
What an amazing man you raised! Oh, your mama hurt must be so proud and yet full of so many emotions all at the same time. I'll be praying as you both adjust.
((HUGS))
Wow Debbie...I have GOOSEBUMPS!!! What an amazing young man you have raised!!!
Thank him...from the BOTTOM of my heart...for answering the call..to serve, and protect this great country.
I'll be praying for your precious heart...as you release him...and let him fly...into the future that God has planned for him!
:) I know how proud you are of your son. I will be praying for you in the coming months with all the changes as he moves on to a new chapter of his life. As I read what you wrote about it going so fast it made me think of my time with Caleb and how quickly he'll be grown!
Wow girl you do have a stream of emotions going on right about now. I know you are so proud of the man he has become and his brave decision to serve our country and yet scared to let him go and spread his wings.
Big Hugs to you for the next few months while you adjust to the soon coming transition.
((hugs))
Mimi
Oh My Precious Sister,
What a proud mother indeed you should be! I'm standing alongside with you feeling oh so proud of him as I have followed you and your family along this past year here. What a handsome young military man he is and I have the utmost respect for him and all who serve our country.
My heart prayers will go up daily for him and still do for you my friend.
Love you so much,
Alleluiabelle
Oh, I also wanted to say, I love the new look of your blog...It's beautiful just as you are my friend.
Alle
Debbie, I know you are so proud of your son. Tell him thank you from me, for fighting for our country. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
I'm so thankful for men, like your son, who is willing to protect our freedom. Please "Thank him" for me.
My daughter boyfriend has also joined the Army and will be leaving after graduation for basic.
You are so blessed!
PS~ Love the new look!
Oh Deb, this message just blessed me so much I cried through it. Your son I know you are proud of but I'm proud of him too!! I honor him and pray for his safety and I thank him in advance for serving our country! May the covering of our LORD rest with him always.
Love you.
Oh and love the makeover...I know it's an Edie touch for sure!! I so love her and you too!
What a beautiful tribute Debra. It brought tears to my eyes. Tell your son thank you for me too.
I love the picture of you kissing him on the cheek! :D
God bless him for serving our country.
God bless you as you release your baby.
Love you,
Beth
Your love & pride in your boy is such a joy to see. As the Mom of a 20 year old boy, I can't imagine the beautiful and bittersweet emotions that must be flooding your heart. I'll be praying for you and your precious boy everytime God brings you to my mind. So grateful for he and others who make the choice to serve our country.
you must be so proud of him, debra. may God keep him safe always.
You raised such a handsome and brave young man. God has many plans for him. I will pray for you both.
Post a Comment