Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day

So today is Groundhog's Day. And today is my 49th birthday. My family is always more excited about my birthday than I am. I've tried to understand why growing older bothers me so but I've only ever come up with a couple of reasons...one, it bothered my father tremendously and maybe it's hereditary! lol And two, I'm older than my husband and I hate that. How's that for brutal honestly? lol But I love the song below...it's Nichole Nordeman's "I AM" and it's truly one of my favorite songs of all time so for my birthday I'm playing it to remind myself that He has always been there for me and always will be and age is just a number....yep, that's what I'm telling myself.




God bless you today! Big hugs from me to you!

17 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!! Blessings and great big cyber hugs,
andrea

He & Me + 3 said...

Well Happy Birthday My Friend! You are beautiful inside and out. May you have the most blessed year ever!
Hugs,
Mimi

Denise said...

Happy Birthday my precious sis, love you so much.

Kelly L said...

Happy Birthday to you - you celebrate your birthday with another incredible woman - my sister.. she is my world..

Love to you and enjoy your day...
Kelly

More Than Words said...

Hi beautiful friend!!

Happy Birthday to you, and I hope you had a wonderfully blessed day!

McCrakensx4 said...

Wishing you a very happy and blessed birthday Debra...may you have a great year! And I think you look great...I am older than Ryan too! :P
((hugs)) Stacey

luvmy4sons said...

Have a wonderful birthday. I love Nicole! Her songs are anointed! Great pic of you and your guy!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Debra Kaye! Hope it's a wonderful and special day, and a beautiful year ahead. Thank you for sharing that beautiful song...one of my favorites, too!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, Debra!

Kathy C. said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dearest, precious, adorable, sweet, loving and kind
Little Debbbbbbiiiieeeeee...

Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuu!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I loved your honesty! I am also a wee bit older than my husband...my mom used to joke...marry one a little younger so you can "train him"...LOL! Not true by any means, but it's helped me over the years.

May you feel His arms wrapped around you!

Marsha said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, God Bless You, Happy Birthday to you!

Speaking from the Heart said...

Happy belated birthday, my friend. You are so beautiful inside and out.

Mikki said...

I said it on FB and I'll say it here..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You sweet thing you!!

Hope you had a great day!!

Kristi said...

Happy, happy birthday! Girl, you are such a blessing!!!! I hope your day was filled to overflowing with laughter and joy.

Cathy said...

Now how did I miss your birthday! I hope it was a Happy one. That song is beautiful. Love and Hugs ~

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?