My sisters, I want to tell you, we each struggle with something. All of us. I once had a friend tell me something I will never forget. She said some people's sin is apparent and everyone can see it while other's sin is hidden and people can't see it but it is there just the same. And it's a struggle for both people. The person whose sin is "out there" for people to see feels unwelcomed or unworthy to be at church and scared to say they have stumbled again, while the person's sin whose is hidden is scared to death of being caught for appearance sake.
My scripture verse today is John 8:32 "And the truth shall set you free". Freedom. Being washed clean is the most wonderful feeling. Burdens lifted...glorious! And when the King says you are forgiven...you are forgiven indeed. How do you get there 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness".
I really was so happy about the women's blog conference and I believe the Lord will bring us all together again soon. And each time I think of it, I always think of this song. I don't know why but it is a repetitive theme in my brain. So I'm going to play it today even though it's supposed to be scripture only today. Bear with me. I think this is the most I've written in quite some time.
God bless you.........ready to go down to the river and pray?? Let's go!!!




















8 comments:
I love that song sis.
This goes right a long with our life group book! Lies women believe and the truth that sets them free!!
I agree...wonderful, uplifting song! Awesome verse, too! Big hugs!
AMEN...the truth will most certainly set you free!
Blessings, andrea
Beautiful post!!
We all do struggle with things and I love the words of your friend..
Let's me at the river..
((((Hugs)))) Praying and thinking about you this morning. I like your verse.
We are all sinners...all of us. There is not one who is righteous. But to be set free by Jesus! So awesome. Love this today sister. Thank you!
Oh what a powerful Word and song. May we never forget the forgiveness and freedom we have in Christ. Than you for the reminder my friend! I pray you are having a blessed week!
Oh, I am still listening to the song. I just love it!
Post a Comment