Monday, August 23, 2010

Blue Monday

Linking up with Smiling Sally today for Blue Monday.  This weekend found me in Georgia with handsome GI named, Joshua Paul, who just happens to be my beloved son.  He brough along a battle buddy named Andrew Moore and we saw the sights of Fort Benning.  I'll post them tomorrow.  I'm still a little tired from the trip home and the emotions that go with it.  Here is the moments I saw Joshua.  I think it qualifies for Blue Monday on at least five levels! lol 

Blessings to you today!



Seeing my son for the first time in 10 weeks after his graduation from basic training.  He has earned the right to be called an American Army Soldier.  He wears a beret with a blue patch that does not compare to the beautiful blue in his eyes and his right arm is patched with a beautiful flag that is red, white and blue!




Abiding in Him ~ Debra Kaye

11 comments:

SmilingSally said...

How proud you must be of your handsome, hero/son.

Happy Blue Monday!

Patti said...

Ah, such a sweet photo. The strong, brave soldier lovin' on his beautiful momma.

I know you are so very proud of him. I'm proud of him too...and proud to say I "know" him.

Praying for you today...I know part of your heart remains in Georgia...or maybe all of it!!

Love you!!
Patti

PS The unveiling should be in the next couple days. It's beautiful!!

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Deb, I'm so glad you had that time with Josh. You are one proud mama!

Love you,
Debbie

April said...

Hi Deb!
I can only imagine how your heart must be bursting with pride at the fine young man you have raised! I bet your reunion was the BEST ever! Hold on tight to those memories! Big hugs!

bp said...

Awwww, such a sweet moment! Thanks for sharing. I'm thankful for him serving. Hugs to you this week.

Samantha said...

What a proud momma you are! ;) Thanks for sharing. Mom and I loved all the facebook updates over the weekend ;D

Mikki said...

Great shot!

So glad you had such a wonderful time ( like there was any doubt..LOL)!

Karen M said...

Oh, how wonderful! I've been to a turning blue ceremony at Ft Benning with one of my sons. It was a special day for us and I'm so glad you got to go see Josh!

Be sure and tell him thanks for serving our country!

Karen said...

So happy for you!

Denise said...

Such a beautiful picture sis, love you.

Andrea said...

Praising GOD with you! I have stood in your shoes....a very proud moment! Now, I wait for my son to return home from this tour.
Hugs,
andrea

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?