Thursday, December 4, 2008

Friday Funnies

My friend, Kim, at Homesteader's Heart, hosts Friday Funnies. What a fun way to end the week! My contribution is a fascinating find....the Redneck Medical Dictionary. Enjoy!





Redneck Medical Dictionary


Artery: The study of paintings.


Bacteria: Back door to cafeteria.


Barium: What to do when patients die.


Benign: What you be after you be eight.


Catscan: Hunting for Kitty.


Cauterize: Made eye contact with her.


Cesarean Section: A neighborhood in Rome.


Colic: A sheep dog.


Dilate: To live long.


Enema: Not a friend.


Fester: Quicker than the other guy.


Fibula: A small lie.


G.I. Series: World series of military baseball.


Hangnail: What you hang your coat on.


Labor Pain: Getting hurt at work.


Lower G.I.: Privates and Corporals.


Medical Staff: A Doctor's cane.


Morbid: A higher offer than I bid.


Nitrates: Cheaper than day rates.


Node: Not a doubt.


Outpatient: A person who has fainted.


Pap Smear: A fatherhood test.


Pelvis: Second cousin to Elvis.


Post Operative: A letter carrier.


Recovery Room: Place to do upholstery.


Seizure: Roman emperor.


Tablet: A small table.


Tumor: One more than one.


Urine: Opposite of you're out.


Upper G.I.: Colonels and Generals.


Varicose: Near by/close by.



Well, there you have it! Happy Friday to you!

29 comments:

Lisa said...

Debra, that list is hilarious. I work in the medical field so I am rotfl......You could say I have x-ray vision.

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh...the pelvis one was HILARIOUS!!!!!

LAURIE said...

those were good Debra. We can all use a laugh by friday....

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

LOL!!! Oh man these poor rednecks aren't getting a break today lol.
Love you my friend.
Hugs.

Davisix said...

Oh my....SO FUNNY! Dilate...LOL!! I love Fridays. :) Ang

luvmy4sons said...

Okay...being a nurse that was hilarious. I had to actually THINK on a few of those to get them! Too funny! You wouldn't believe how many people I ran across in my day that actually had drawn such weird conclusions over medical terms!

Denise said...

This is very funny.

April said...

Ok, Debra, I actually understood every word on the list without having to give it any thought...how scary is that? I am from Arkansas, you know, and now live in GA. Maybe I am a bonified redneck and just don't realize it! Hee hee!

Have a fabulous Friday!!!

Speaking from the Heart said...

Being raised in Alabama, I recognize these vocabulary words.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Marsha said...

LOL! Now I need that dictionary for my learning center!

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

Those were hysterical. I am still busting a gut over the Pelvis one. OMGosh...You are too much!
LOve,
Mimi

Laurie Ann said...

Girl, remind me nevah' to drink coffee when I'm reading your Friday Funnies! These were hilarious! I almost spewed coffee all over the monitor!

Susan said...

Oh these are just too funny.

I think I'll pass them on to a doctor friend.

Blessings to you this Friday♥

bp said...

How funny! I liked Cauterize and Nitrates.

Have a nice weekend!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Too funny! I would LOL,but I'm at the library and they would not appreciate that!

momstheword said...

These are so funny. I loved the Enema and Pelvis ones!

Kelly said...

Egads, Deb, egads!!

Sunny Shell said...

HA, HA, HA, HA!!! Oh my, these are so incredibly GREAT! I LOVE these! I'm copying and pasting your funnies to my hubby too!

Thank you precious sister for such a GREAT laugh! I sure needed it!

Love you sweet sister-friend,
Sunny

SophieMae said...

Well, I don't get it. What's so dadgum funny? Just a perfectly legitimate list of words/defs. ;]

Yeah, reckon I'm a redneck, as well. Ever' one made sense. LOL! Thanks for the hearty laugh, sweet thang!

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

Davisix said...

Debra ~ You left me a comment but you didn't let me know which topper you think is on top of our tree. :) I want you to be able to enter the giveaway. Come back and make a guess! oxoxox Ang

Michele Williams said...

Oh, So funny!!!! I love it!!!

Erica said...

So funny! Gotta love the rednecks!

Leaon Mary said...

heehaoaoaoo
SOME OF THOSE WORDS MAKE ME COLD and want to HIDE UNDER A MUCH LARGER SHEET. But said here today... make me ROFL!!!
Lea

Addicted to Beadz said...

Debra Kaye,

Those are perfect for my field, you know, selling houses.

Love them!

Cheryl

Darlene said...

These are so funny!!!
I needed a good laugh!!
Thanks for sharing.
Darlene

Barb Davis said...

So funny! I really enjoyed it.

McCrakensx4 said...

BBBAAHH! You have quite the fuuny bone, my friend! Too funny! Thanks for sharing!
~Stacey

Mikki said...

These are SOOO funny! Love them all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that hilarious list. I understood them all!

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?