Jay and I actually saw a flashing highway warning sign that said "PATIENCE - HOLIDAY DRIVERS". lol
Let's try to remember that there are older people driving out there who are going shopping who may not ordinarily be going out driving...and be patient. Let's remember the new driver that is still trying to recite all the rules in his or her brain and try to look 'cool'...and be patient.
Let's try to yield to other drivers even if the light may turn red...and use that time to be patient and remember someone to pray for ... maybe the person who you just yielded to, or the person next to you who looks frustrated.
1 Corinthians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."Blessings to you sweet sisters!





















23 comments:
very good suggestions, I was just reading my book by Stormie and she says we should praise God in times of impatience--all the time but she listed 15 crucial times and that was one of them.
I agree with you! Cute sign, I need that one in my house! LOL
Oh and by the way, Tag...you're fabulous! Come check it out!
~Stacey :)
Last week, on my weekly trip to town, I found myself the victim of an angry driver behind me. There was a red light maybe 100 yards ahead, so I obviously wasn't going to go anywhere. So, instead of racing up to stop behind the 10th car at the light, I stopped much further back, in order to let a car on the side street make a left turn onto the road I was on (he would be going the opposite way I was). The light was still red, so I let another guy make a left, then another and another. I mean, really, I couldn't go anywhere. The light was still red. Who cares if I got there in another 10 seconds---I would still be sitting. So I let about 6 cars make a left turn, while I stayed back from the red light. The guy behind me was FURIOUS. He was honking his horn and shaking his fist at me!! I'm not sure what he thought I could accomplish by moving forward. I mean, was I going to run over the 10 or so cars that were stopped at the red light? Was I going to change the light by moving forward?
My daughter's response to all this was, "You can tell it's the Christmas season, because all the grumpy drivers are out."
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Patti
I agree! We just had a 77 year old woman dry into a building the other day.... the building housed a police department! lol... I'm sorry but that is a little funny... She was fine... she said she just got confused and instead of hitting the breaks she hit the gas.
We do need to be more cautious out there....
What a great sign and a great reminder! It's important to have a heart full of love for our fellow travers. Road rage overtook one man who followed my friend home the other night. She can't figure out what she did to anger him. He yelled at her, "You should be a lot nicer on the highway, lady!" She's probably the nicest person I know, LOL!
I totally agree with you! I always wave and smile at folks! If I find myself feeling inpatient I quickly ask God to take it away!!
Amen, great post sweetie.
I love it. I get so sad when people act so crazy at this blessed time of the year. It just doesn't seem right. Great post.
XO,
Mimi
Very well put! I couldn't said it any better!
Great reminder!!!! Thanks for sharing this, Debra!!!!!
HUGS!
This is just such a chaotic time of year with people rushing around and everything. It's almost a game or challenge to see how polite you can be in response to everyone else! I just have to pray alot to have patience this time of year (or any time of year, lol!)
I'm pretty sure you heard me holler from here: AMEN, SISTER!!!!!
Wonderful advice!
So true!
I don't go to any retail stores from Thanksgiving until after the New Year - just because of how people act in parking lots. It totally makes me sad!
Thank Goodness for online shopping. Not to mention going to grocery stores when others are asleep, working or at school. Ahhh quiet time.
Hugs and love,
Jill
Amen Sister! I am blessed to be patient as a driver. I don't really feel much road rage and I'm thankful for that. That's a cute sign. :) Ang
A wonderful reminder my friend.
Hugs.
Kim
You are SO right! I have witnessed road rage everywhere. I even wrote a blog about it a few weeks ago (when I was the victim). Ha. But before you feel too sorry for me, I caught myself saying, "Oh come on lady" when she was going 10 miles under the speed limit. God help us have patience and mercy.
Love,
Beth
Hubby has to remember that when he drives around Disney. Tourists are terrible and DON"T pay attention at all!!
Great idea! AMEN!
A good reminder Debra. It's easy to grow impatient with those other drivers. And especially during this busy time of year. So, I will try to allow more time to get where I need to go. Thanks friend.
Great reminder...
These are great suggestions to remember. Add in the weather conditions and it can get dangerous on the roads quickly this time of year!
It's easy to forget all about being a Christian when dealing with traffic, hey? Thanks for the reminder - and hope your Christmas season is going well! I love your blog background!
Post a Comment