Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog's Day & Me

So the news is out...the groundhog saw his shadow and apparently we have six more weeks of winter ahead of us. For those of you who are knee deep in snow, I'm sorry about that news!

So what do the groundhog and myself have in common? I was born on groundhog's day. As a child, this meant relentless teasing. Still can't say I care for it...but as a mature *cough * cough Christian woman, I have come to know that this is the day that God appointed for my birth. Somewhat easier.

Thank you, April, for sending your sweet friends my way today to greet me with birthday wishes. You touched my heart. Thank you, Kimmy, Patti, Sharon, Kelly & Candy for your cards, calls and texts! You have all blessed me.

Sending you a great big ((hug)) this evening.





20 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!

Darlene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAY TO YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Darlene

Mikki said...

Happy Birthday!! How fun!

Hope you have a blessed day!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Happy Birthday! I think it would be much better to have a birthday on Groundhog's Day than on April Fool's.

Hope you had a great day :-)

More Than Words said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! You are loved!!!!!

HUGS,
Alicia

He & Me + 3 said...

Awwww Debra...Happy Birthday! Wow, your birthday and Anniversary are very close huh? That is so neat. What did you do on your special day?
Hope it was wonderful and the best year yet!
Love,
Mimi

He & Me + 3 said...

Awwww Debra...Happy Birthday! Wow, your birthday and Anniversary are very close huh? That is so neat. What did you do on your special day?
Hope it was wonderful and the best year yet!
Love,
Mimi

bp said...

Happy birthday!

I like to find other people with February birthdays! Yesterday was another blog friend's day. Mine is at the end of the month.

Karen M said...

Happy Birthday!

Sherri Watt said...

Happy Birthday!!! You don't look a day over 21!!!

Hugs!

The Equipped Life said...

Happy Birthday, Debra! Hope it was a great one!

Unknown said...

Debra - I had no idea!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRECIOUS FRIEND!

Wishing you all God's blessings this year!

I'm sure you were pampered and loved on by your guys!

Feel hugged and know that you are loved!
Jill

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH Wow! How exciting! An anniversary & a birthday two days in a row! Happy Birthday my friend! May you have many more blessed years ahead!

Denise said...

Sweetie, I pray you had a very blessed birthday. I am so glad you are in the world. I love you.

Kristi said...

Happy birthday!!! May the Lord bless you socks off today!

Laurie Ann said...

A belated Happy Birthday! You share the same birthday as my uncle Jimmy. Hope you had an awesome day!

luvmy4sons said...

Happy Birthday. I have a cousin and her dad whose birthday is today. I am one of the ones knee deep in snow! Oh well...God be praised.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Lord, thank You for sending Debra to earth one February 2nd. Thank You for sending her into my life. Please richly bless her, and please make Your presence and the perfect peace of Your Son Jesus always and abundantly manifest in her life.

McCrakensx4 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I missed your big day. Hope it was a happy one! May you have another blessed year! And winter, what's winter?! It was 83 here today! ;)
((hugs)) Stacey

Peggy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBRA!

I'm so sorry I missed wishing you the best of birthdays on your day!

Groundhog & you! Well, hopefully that will help me remember!

May you be closer than ever to Jesus this year & receive bountiful blessings!

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?