I wanted to post about my sisters today. I'm sorry for the late start. My sister, Candy, and I are not the closest in age but we have the closest relationship. We are sister's in Christ, first and foremost. And we are sister-in-laws. Our husbands are brothers. And no, it's not a Kentucky thing. Sorry, Kentucky folks...I mean no disrespect. I have family from Tennessee and well, you know, that kind of thing, well, it happens! lol But I digress. This is my sister, Candy and I at Thanksgiving. She is 9 years younger than me.
This is my sister, Rhonda. Rhonda is a year and a half younger than I am. We fought like cats and dogs growing up. We are as different as day and night. She was always athletic and I was always prissy. However, if anyone else ever had a harsh word against us, we always had each other's back! Or she had mine. I was never a scrapper, but she does have several pictures with black eyes from being in neighborhood fights. lol This picture was also taken at Thanksgiving.
This is my sister, Kelly. Kelly is 9 years younger than me. We probably look the most alike. We have the same father and a different Mom. Her Mom is my bonus Mom. I taught Kelly how to dance when she was little. This picture was taken at my cousin, Susan's, 40th birthday party.
This is Rhonda and Candy at Thanksgiving. Candy always wanted to be around Rhonda when she was little. Rhonda was the 'fun' sister who liked to get dirty and play outside. I never could understand how Rhonda could be so mean to her and Candy still toddled after her. If I only knew getting dirt into the picture was the trick...nah, that would not have changed my tea party! lol
These are my sisters. We are a varied bunch. My family tree needs a flow chart to keep up with! But I love them. They are all younger than me and all extremely different than me. However, we all have a bond. We all can make each other laugh and we all can make each other cry. But there is never a time when we wouldn't be there for each other under any circumstances. And I am grateful for that and them.
I thank God for my sisters.
Blessings to you today!




















23 comments:
Debra~
I always wanted sisters when I was growing up, but God blessed me with two goofy brothers who doted on me and protected me. I wouldn't have traded them for anything (well, almost!). You have been blessed with some great sisters to walk through life with...how awesome! Love your cute pictures!
Have a terrific Tuesday, girl...love ya!
Sisters are a wonderful thing! Your sisters are beautiful and what a wonderful tribute your post was! I love my sister. She is my heart. I'm almost 13 years older than her so she was my real-life doll growing up. Now that she's older we have a great relationship. We have an older sister who has chosen not to be a part of our family. I pray that one day she will and will enjoy the bonds of sisterhood shared.
Thank you for sharing your sisters with us. I have two sisters myself and I know what a blessing they are!
I'll come back later to read your posted. But I wanted to update you. I wanted to let you know I deleted most of the Monday post. Thanks for your prayers. We still need much wisdom. Nothing has changed. I will be writing a post tonight about my current thoughts on the subject.
Many Blessings and Hugs,
Sherry
I have one sister and one step sister. What a happy bunch ya'll are!!
My sister and I have always been there for each other.
I love this post my friend!
Debra..that was so sweet! I can tell how much you love your sisters! I only have one sister and we are totally close too!!!!
Your post made me miss her!!!! :)
What a great post!!
My sister and I fought a lot too while growing up. We really did not get a long, but we are really close now. I miss seeing her (since she lives in MD) but we talk as much as we can and she will visit us in November.. I can't wait :-)
A great post to your sisters! I have 3 sisters ....we too are very different in age.
Thanks for sharing!
Darlene
What a special blessing to your life! Thanks for sharing the specialness of each one.
That is really sweet! Thanks for sharing your family with us. I bet you're the sweetest of them all!
Love you!
Beth
Very sweet post about your sistas!!
Big Giant Hugs my friend.
What a great post to honor your sisters! How lucky that you and your sisters get along the way that you do! Thanks for introducing us!
You surely are blessed! Nothing like a sister - I can see it with our daughters. What a blessing to watch them together!
Hugs and love to you my Sister!
Jill
Hi Debra
I loved meeting your sisters and learning about them. How special they are...you are so fortunate. I always wished I had a sister. I have one brother who is 11 years younger than I am. We are very close but don't see each other toooo often. He lives in British Columbia.
Thank you for sharing your family...lovely pictures.
Judi
Thank God for sisters!
Glad we are sisters in the Lord.
I will be back soon. After things slow down on my end.
Appreciate knowing you are praying,
Tiffany
I love meeting your sisters! I have two sisters myself and what a blessing they are.. I can tell you feel the same about yours!
How fun to have that many sisters! I have one sister that I am close to but she's alot older than I am and moved away when I was little. I don't get to see her alot though. I have several sisters in law so they're cool!
What a great tribute to your sisters! How special! I love what you said about your family tree needing a flow chart. I completely understand!
Hugs to you my friend!
Such a sweet post. That is why I was so happy to have Model & Actress...I think the bond between sisters is inseperable. I only had a brother, but wanted a sister so badly. You are blessed to have had 3! Great pictures too.
XO,
Mimi
Great post and a sweet tribute to your sisters. I have two sisters and a brother. My sisters were a lot older than I was and weren't around much when I was growing up...they were married by then.
Loved the pictures!
You, and your sisters are all very lovely. Sisters are the best, love you.
Sweet sisters!! I think my favorite is ... Kelly!! :o)
Sweet Debra, what a beautiful post. As one who doesn't have any sisters I missed that growing up. I just didn't know how much until a few years ago when I hit 40. The reality of not having sisters ran deep. I am thankful that you and your sisters have the love and bond you do to treasure always.
Lots of love.
Post a Comment