Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Word for Wednesday

Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you"


My sisters, I would like to take just the briefest moment to say this about the section that blogger calls the 'followers' section: I only love one thing about it...it allows me to see wonderful faces of my sisters who have decided to stroll with me to the cross from time to time and I am reminded to be thankful for their time, their counsel, their wisdom, their encouragement, their love.

Blessings to you this day. I'm thanking God for you today! ((hugs))

19 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh, you are too sweet, Debra!!! You have such a gentle spirit!!

Denise said...

You bless me, and I love you.

April said...

Debra~
You are too sweet! I know that I'm very thankful for your support and friendship and I feel blessed that we met here in Blogland.

Wonderful scripture and such a precious photo to go along with it! Love ya!♥

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love your verse my friend. And it's funny because I can't stand the word "followers". They make us sound like mindless idiots. LOL. I wish they would have named it something else but at least we are able to change it on our blog. Those people become more like friends. I always visit those people and try to say hi because I figure if they are "following" they might be like me and I would like to meet them. I think it's been a great tool in getting to know people.
You are a blessing my friend. I think it's about time to plan a get together.
Hugs.

Beth in NC said...

I agree with Alicia. You are so sweet and gentle. :o)

I love the picture and scripture!

Happy WFW!

Bless you!
Beth

luvmy4sons said...

And many, many blessings to you too sister!

Unknown said...

Blessings Debra - I'm thankful for you!

Love and hugs,
Jill

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

I love this verse and the picture. I am so thankful for blogging and that I have "met" so many wonderful sisters in Christ through it. I thank God for you my friend.
Love,
Mimi

Debbie Petras said...

You are always such an encourager Debra! I love to see the faces of the followers on my blog too. It's so wonderful to meet other women and get to know them. I've enjoyed getting to know you. :)

momstheword said...

Blessings to you too, my friend!

Mikki said...

What a beautiful post!
I too feel so blessed to have met so many wonderful and godly women, sisters in Christ.. like you.. through blogging!!

bp said...

Thank you for the blessing you are sweet friend!

This is the sweetest picture.

Jennifer said...

Debra...you are such a sweet, encourager through your blogs and I am happy to "follow"! But, I agree with Kim...I don't like that word and wish we were able to change it on our own. Oh, well, since we can't, I am happy to tag along with you and thank you for allowing me too.

Have a great day, my friend.

Laurie Ann said...

You are too sweet! I feel the same way. Precious picture and Word for the day.

Tracy said...

Couldn't agree with you more...it's such a wonderful, handy little feature, but the word "follower" makes me a bit uncomfortable, too!

Beautiful photo!

LisaShaw said...

We have not been long to know one another but it's surely a treat and a blessing to call you my sister.

Lots of love Debra.

LisaShaw said...

Just saw your message on my post and came back over to speak healing over you in Jesus Name! I hope you're NOT coming down with anything especially like what I've had.

Love ya.

Blog is no more said...

Aww how sweet! I love to stay in touch with my bloggy sisters too!

Darlene said...

I agree with all the comments before me! I can't think of a better way to say what they have already said... I hope this doesn't sound weird. LOL
Blessings,
Darlene

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?