Friday, September 4, 2009

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Wow! What a night! We won against the South Sumter Raiders 37-7! My son ... the knight of my heart...played both offense and defense tonight and was totally awesome. I think I squeezed my sister in law's arms off but oh what a great time! Can you see him in this picture...he is #82...still the tallest on the team! lol


Posing with his Aunt Holly after the game....still smiling. Such a great young man! We are so proud of you Josh!

He was so stoked about his playing both sides of the table....can you see it in his smile? When I saw him going out on defense, I held my breath, especially when I saw who he was up against..the guy only outweighed him by 70 or so pounds and tossed him aside like a bag of potato chips...lol But the next time wasn't so easy for him and Josh got to the ball....He did great!

Well, that's all for Friday Night Lights this evening. Good night....be blessed!!

15 comments:

Anne Lang Bundy said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!
.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, way to go Josh.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh how fun!!! He looks thrilled!!
Love you my friend.

Alleluiabelle said...

I love you my sweet friend. I so enjoyed the pictures. Your son is a handsome young man...much to be proud of!

Thinking about you always and praying God's blessings and healing strength over you.

Peace, Love & Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Andrea said...

Congratulations and GOD BLESS! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
andrea

Samantha said...

Great photos ! Congratulations to your precious son.
~ Have a blessed weekend !

Debbie Petras said...

Josh is such a handsome young man! I clicked on the photos to see close up and I was able to see #82 in the first one. Congrats on the win. I prayed for you this morning. We are having RAIN in Phoenix. Can you believe it? I sat on my covered patio listening to the rain and praying. love you Debra.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a proud mommy moment. Great job Josh. How cool that they won again.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Mimi

Mikki said...

Great post. Being a mom of girls, I can only imagine how fun it is to go and watch games like this.
Congrats to Josh on a well played game!

Have a great weekend dear friend!!

McCrakensx4 said...

That is FABULOUS!! We won too..both games! It was a very exciting 2 games! Yay! Although my computer crashed, so no pictures...I am so sad! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Great job Josh...
xox Stacey

LisaShaw said...

WAY TO GO!!!

Your son is so handsome! So glad the team won!

Love you Sweet Sister!

Tea with Tiffany said...

We were at Thursday night lights and then Friday afternoon action. My boy, Justin, is a junior this year. He's playing for both JV and Varsity. What fun!

:)

Fun times!

Kristi said...

Way to go Josh!!! Woo-hoo. Rachel and I are cheering for you from Texas. Oh, you precious young man...you will never know how much your prayers and your concerns for Rachel mean to our family. I read your mom's comment to her in the car this morning on our way to church. Her smile was as big as Texas and she was overcome by your thoughtfulness and generosity. She said, "We are going to have to meet him in person one of these days." You must have a heart of gold like your amazing mom. Thank you for bringing such joy and delight to my daughter today. We can't wait to read more about your games. May the favor of the Lord continue to be yours!

Samantha said...

Congrats on the win,
Thanks for you comment :) you must be such a proud momma :) I LOVE hearing stories of teen boys and girls ( especially from guys) really praying for Gods guidance in relationships and any kind of circumstances ;) its just so great to hear I'm not the only one who has views on dating like that ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Precious Friend!

I saw a comment you left about Josh's senior year. I can say with Lexi only have three years left I understand. I look at her and I see a woman now. I don't see a little girl and she is making us so proud!

I love the shots of Josh after the game and his joy just beams through!

Know that I think of you often and my prayers remain!

Lots of love,
Jill

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?