Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Linen Day

Mondays are my linen day. When I used to work outside of my home I couldn't remember when I last changed my linens so one day I decided I would do it every Monday. And then I decided I would turn it into a time of prayer over my marriage bed ... I would spray the bed with all kinds of wonderful smelling linen sprays from Bed & Bath places and then pray for my husband. Then follow suit for my children.

I no longer work outside of my home but I look forward to Mondays because they are linen day. They are a time for me to pull off the old linens and launder them and "freshen" up the places where we lay our heads on our pillows and say our prayers and it is a great time of prayer for me over the men in my home.

I enjoy linen day and I am thankful for the time it gives me to pray for the men in my life. May they sleep soundly at night...may they walk boldly with the Lord during the day.

1 Thess 2:12 "To be a great man, be fervent in prayer, Be fearless in principle, Be firm in purpose, Be faithful in promises. Walk worthy of God"

4 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Aww! That is such a good idea! I think I will adopt 'linen day' as well. :)
I'm so glad you found my blog! I loved your comment and am excited to have found this wonderful little place to visit. :)
I've read through a few of your previous posts. I can see your heart for God shining through your words. I'm very sorry about your losses. I know that is such a rough thing to experience. Praise God for His healing...
I'll be back. :)

Debra Kaye said...

Wendi,

Praise Him indeed. I'm glad I found your site, as well. May linen day bless your home ...
ps .. my favorite spray is "the healing garden's lavender therapy...and sweet pea"...enjoy!

How is the stone?

Denise said...

Such a sweet, sweet thing to do.

bp said...

That is such a cool idea! I'm glad I went back and read your other posts!!

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?