I started to do a list of all the things I am thankful for today, but I am going to focus on my most thankful moment as Joshua's mom, thus far. This young man has given me many moments in my life to be thankful for, but he shared something so special from a "witnessing" moment at work that just touched my heart. I hope it will touch yours.He was on his lunch break at work last week. He was sitting there listening to two "older" folks talk about whether or not there was life after death. The woman is in her 40's or 50's, by his account. And the man is in his 60's or thereabout. Joshua listened as the woman decided that after we live this life there is nothing more. We cease to exist...nothing more. The man said he just wasn't sure. Maybe there was more, maybe not. Nobody knows, nobody could be sure.
They went on with this debate for some time and engaged with other people and then decided they would invite Joshua into their discussion. "Do you ever wonder about these things" they asked him? Joshua said he hesitated for only a moment because he did not know either of them very well, but he could hear his father's voice saying "stand for Jesus, or fall for anything!"...and he said "No, I never wonder...I know for sure. There is a heaven and the way to get there is through Jesus"
He said you could have heard a pin drop. All of the people in the break room stopped and looked at him. Then a girl who was approximately his age rolled her eyes and said..."oh yeah, the same guy that all the serial killers in jail say they find?" (great argument, huh)...to which Joshua replies ***my proud, thankful moment *** "Well, maybe they have, that is between them and God. However, they are serial killers and maybe they aren't telling the truth. I was asked a question about what I know to be true and I know that Jesus is the truth and the ONLY WAY and I don't wonder about anything else. I'm sure"
He said the rest of the day the people treated him with indifference and he was definitely not the popular one but he was okay with that. It was well with his soul. Now fast forward to last night...the woman in her 40's who was definitely sure there was nothing...no way...asks Joshua how he can be so sure!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! He had a few chances to share with her. She is
at least asking...no monumental breakthrough and she has not accepted the Lord yet...but he said she is speaking to him and asking. He is praying for the right words.
Psalm 117 "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, And the truth of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord!"




















8 comments:
God bless dear Joshua.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.
What a great thing to be thankful for!
What a lovely post! Thank you for sharing this. Bless Joshua!
Remain blessed.
Praise God for giving Joshua opportunity and courage to witness for Him! Thanks for sharing this encouraging account with us. May God continue to work in the hearers heart that they may seek Him early! May Joshua also continue to grow up as a man after God's own heart. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. It is really encouraging. Take care and may God bless you and family always!
Oh the beauty in knowing that you have equipped your son for such a moment as this. I long to impart this confidence in my little men. :) Some days I wonder if I am doing any good in them at all - than I realize the great truth that while I may have a daunting responsability, God is working in there lives as well. Yay that it's not just Dave and I! :)
You indeed have great reason to be proud of your awesome son! :) Glad you shared.
Yes, Lord, yes, Lord, yes, yes, Lord!
That song came over me as I read this.
I am SO excited to know your son stood on the solid rock. There is nothing greater for a mom than to know her children are walking in the truth. So thankful with you. Let your son he made this mom want to dance and shout praises!
Thanks for sharing!
Love from Colorado,
Tiffany
Post a Comment