Friday, August 29, 2008

My husband Rocks




My husband, Jason, asked me to marry him one week after we met! Don't worry...I held him off for a year! But seriously, I kept telling him he could not be serious and I would give him a task to do to prove he was serious...now before you judge me too harshly, he was/is younger than me so I thought it was his youth talking and I thought he would tire of the tasks eventually and "whala" my point would have been made.


He never tired of them. Every single obstacle that I said needed to be overcome, he would find a way. A year later, no obstacles in the way, I was so out of things to say no about. I was crazy for him but my brain was telling me this would never work, my heart was telling me "go for it, you love the guy and he obviously loves you".


I came up with the greatest obstacle. He did not make a lot of money and I knew he could not afford an engagement ring (I write this and I know it sounds mean but I honestly was not walking with the Lord and neither was he and I just knew things were not going to work out) so I told him if he was serious about marriage, he would buy me a ring. A week later (I don't want to tell you how he did it...he still won't tell me, although I think he sold some of his drum parts)...I had a ring.


All out of excuses, I said yes. That was nineteen years ago! We have definitely had some difficult times in our journey as man and wife. However, my husband is a man after God's own heart. And he is still making grand gestures for me. He insists on cooking on the weekends. He insists on having a date night when Josh is at youth group. He opens the car door for me and he is constantly telling Josh to watch out for me when he is away.


He calls me at least 5 times a day to tell me he is thinking about me. He reminds me of his devotional time with the Lord and tells me constantly how much God loves me. He rallies his family at night to pray over us and teach us what God has in mind for the direction of our family.


He loves Jesus. He loves me. He loves our children. He has a compassionate heart for the lost.
He rocks, he definitely rocks! And I praise God for him.


Ephesians 5:25,26 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the Word"


8 comments:

katylinvw said...

wow! he sounds like an amazing man! you are truly blessed to have him in your life! thank you for sharing this!

Tea with Tiffany said...

What a wonderful testimony of God taking two people and making them one. Your husband does rock!

Thank you for sharing!

Have a great holiday weekend.
God bless,
Tiffany

Jill said...

wow! What a great guy! He must have been 100% sure :)

Frizzy said...

Looks like you got yourself a keeper. Your husband does rock! I didn't put my honey through all of that but he did sell his really nice furniture just so he could ask me to marry him. I think he was testing me to see if I'd still love him even w/o the gorgeous couch and accessories. I passed his test too. ;)

Denise said...

Yes, your husband definitely rocks sweetie.

bp said...

That is wonderful! You are blessed with a man of God. Thanks for sharing!

Mozi Esme said...

Congrats on a wonderful man and marriage!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing hubby! It's very obvious that he loves you very much! Must have been love at first sight for him! :)

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?