Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Be Thou Our Vision

Genesis 15:1 "After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram, I am your shield, your exceeding great reward."



I'm keeping my eyes on the cross today. And remembering that Jesus is our great reward. Oh what comfort! Oh what joy!



19 comments:

LAURIE said...

Loved the picture and what a great scripture to remind us to see things thru Gods eyes not ours. -Blessings, Laurie

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! May we have God's vision. May we see with His eyes. Thank you for the reminder this morning, my friend! Alicia

April said...

Your blog is like a tall glass of sweet tea...REFRESHING!!

Sending blessings your way!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Thanks for the beautiful blog this morning. Helps me to get my vision. Have a super day!

Kathy C. said...

Beautiful!!! :)

luvmy4sons said...

Amen! Amen!

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

You always know what to post! Hits me right at home. Love it! I really needed that today, our morning was a little rocky. Praying for a better afternoon.
((hugs))
Mimi

LauraLee Shaw said...

Oh wow, that is an awesome pic!

Wild too, I looked and looked and looked for the right "eye picture" for my post today, and couldn't find one that didn't look evil or normal. lol. Here it is!

You're a resourceful one!

Laurie Ann said...

Love the visual to go along with that verse! How awesome is it to know that God is so active in our lives as our shield and great reward, just as He was to Abraham?

Patti said...

Lovely picture...and a hearty AMEN to the message.

Have a blessed day,
Patti

Beth Cotell said...

Thank you for the great reminder to keep our eyes on the Lord!

Peggy said...

Blessings Debra...He is our shield & rewards us greatly...beyond what we deserve. I loved the graphic of the eye with the cross reflection
as a twinkle from Him. This would be a great WFW! I like what Laurie shared to see things thru God's eyes...to me that means have God's perspective on our daily life activities. Thanks for your visit to my reminder post but I still have to invite you back for "What if it's God speaking"...

Addicted to Beadz said...

Missy ~ Debra,

Great post. Our eye should always be on HIM!

Love ya,

Cheryl

Unknown said...

AMEN! Love this so much!

That is an awesome photo, the window to our soul. May it be fixed on Jesus - our exceedingly great reward!!!!

Love you bunches,
Jill

Sunny Shell said...

Oh precious sister Debra!

I just stopped by to say "thank you" and I am so blessed by this post! What a special refreshment for me today!

Thank you for your kind comment during my "rest"! I sure do appreciate you! And I'm thanking God for you and your heart to share this wonderful truth from our Lord today!

Much love dear sister!
Sunny

bp said...

How much better we would feel if we looked at things through His eyes.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That was sooo cute! Debra, great post! Hope that you are having a great day!

Daphine said...

Amen to that! Thanks Debra!

Denise said...

Bless you for this dear, love you.

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?