Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Morning Madness

My husband and I had to deal with a difficult situation earlier today regarding our son. It is a homeschooling matter and dealing with the public school sector but was somewhat frustrating.

The man that we were dealing with was a frazzled mess and it struck my husband to ask him if he could pray with him. He was definitely in a quandry. The man declined. We assured him we would be praying for him anyway when we left.

It's odd to me that people don't find it comforting to pray or be prayed for, but it made me think about this verse.....one day, every knee will bow...every tongue will confess. How I long for that day!


Isaiah 45:22-23 "Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other, I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath"


19 comments:

Carrie said...

Yes, we all long for that day, when all will be under His will.
The photo with the horse is special.

Denise said...

Praying for you sweetie.

He & Me + 3 said...

So true friend but until that day there are people that will choose to reject Him & not bow in worship to Him. I choose now & forever!

Laurie Ann said...

It is amazing that people don't want to be prayed for. Most will say yes, if only to be polite. I love that verse! I blogged on it not too long ago - You reached out and did your part...one day, like it or not, he will have to confess Christ as Lord. Praying for your situation and that somehow you planted a seed that God will water for him in the future.


http://magnoliaheartbeats.blogspot.com/2008/08/therefore-god-exalted-him-to-highest.html if you'd like to see my thoughts on the subject.

Marsha said...

Love the horse picture!

I prayed for you this a.m. when you commented on my blog about going to the school. I deal with public school and home school issues all the time with my at risk girls. It can be a challenge that's for sure!

Love you, my friend.

bp said...

I'm sorry for all the trouble you've had to deal with. It is odd to me as well that he didn't want prayers. I'm sure your family's prayers for him will make a difference. Hope everything works out.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I am sorry you have had a tough morning. The horse picture is precious.

Unknown said...

Praying with you Debra!

Love,
Jill

Not sure what is wrong with my blog - I can't see comments. It is so odd!

Denise said...

Praying for you sweetie, love you.

Peggy said...

Awww Debra & Jason...Praise God for your boldness! And let's pray for that man & anyone who refuses Our Lord or to be lifted in prayer! May this all be resolved in God's hands. I'm sorry for the difficult situation~some people in public places, like schools are so hard to deal with or get them to open their minds or see from another perspective. What a beautiful response instead of anger & more frustration!

This photo is a keeper! And oh yeahhh...how one day...every knee shall bow...every tongue confess!

And Isaiah 45...our blessed prophet shares the best adviced for uuhhmmm
hardened hearts shall we say:
"Look to Me, and be saved..."

Praying that your day will turn brighter & bless you for your hearts!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That is very sad. I hope everything gets resolved. And yes, one day every knee will bow. What an amazing day that will be!

luvmy4sons said...

How awesome you asked to pray for him. God will water that seed and grow it according to His good will and purpose. I hope all your "issues" get resolved. We belong to HSLDA...never had to use them. Hope I never have to! Six years left!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Loved your post! R U a homeschool mom! This will be our 3rd year homeschooling -- we love it.

Thanks for coming by today!
Much Love
Anissa

Anonymous said...

Oh and what a glorious day that will be! Blessings!

Leaon Mary said...

Praying God's will for yall Debra.
I can only imagine what that day will be like when people who deny God now.. will realize that all along they were missin it totally... I hurt for them.
Lea

Daphine said...

I'm sorry you had a tough situation to battle with today. I guess I am a little naive as I was appauld when I read the man declined for your husband to pray. I would like to think that when the man walked away that he regretted it. Hmmmm...only he and the Lord know, huh?

I pray that the situation is resolved soon for you and your family Debra.

LOVED the horse picture!!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Debra,

Hope all is well! I will pray as well.

Cheryl

Mozi Esme said...

Bless your husband for offering to pray. So often I feel compelled but miss the opportunity because it feels awkward. But we are working on that.

LauraLee Shaw said...

Oh, how hard is that! I've even known Christians that feel uncomfortable when you ask to pray for them. i guess because it is such a personal thing, and some people are afraid to get personal. I'm sure he will remember your request and commitment to pray for him forever.

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?