Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Raise Your Hands High!!

Nehemiah 8:10 "Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

This is the day that the Lord has made ... I will rejoice and lift my hands and praise Him ~ for He is Holy.



18 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway and for your prayers for Kelly. She is feeling better today though sore, as expected.

Debbie Petras said...

Oh yes, the joy of the Lord IS my strength. I love to read Scripture that reminds me that I can have joy despite challenging circumstances. My hope is in the Lord. He is my strength. I get in trouble when I trust in my own strength.

Debra, thank you for connecting with me through our blogs. The Lord brought you to my mind while I was gardening yesterday and I prayed for you.

Denise said...

Awesome sweet one.

Lisa said...

Scripture is just so awesome, the other day frustrated I just kept asking the Lord to create in me a pure heart and re new the right spirit with in me....awesome how my attitude changed. I just love God's Word.

Unknown said...

Love the picture - the passion behind it and most of all you precious heart for Him!

Love you bunches!

Have a blessed day in our Lord!
Jill

luvmy4sons said...

Did you peek at my post before I posted it? Praise His name! Blessings to you today!

Lisa said...

I love seeing your posts. Scriptures always help me through the day!!

April said...

Talk about wonderful inspiration for a cold Wednesday morning! Thank you!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

AMEN! Isn't joy an amazing thing! Thanks for sharing, my friend!

Peggy said...

Blessings Debra Kaye...beautiful photo of you in His sunshine & grace in His fields of plenty...may it be so! For just as Nehemiah declared...
may His joy be your strength as you lift your hands & declare that He alone is holy & worthy of all praise!
May your day be filled by Him!

Daphine said...

Amen and Amen!

Thanks~!

He & Me + 3 said...

That picture is perfect. Love it, and I love the scripture verse too.
((hugs)) my friend!

Tea with Tiffany said...

God has been speaking this to me. Your blog confirms His voice even more.

Such a joy!

Thank you for your friendship and for sharing your faith.

Hugs,
Tiffany

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

What a beautiful picture and love the verse....yes the joy of the Lord is my strength. May I always have the joy of Him be my focus and all that He has for me.

Lifting my hands to Him with you!

Love in Christ,
Stacy

bp said...

Such a neat picture!

Hope you're having a blessed day!

Frizzy said...

I love today's scripture. It fits right along with what I have planned for the weekend and am organizing. I'm making and sending several care packages to troops serving over seas. I am having so much fun gathering ingredients to create cookies and snacks from the heart. I am so blessed to be able to share with others and hope they feel the love in it.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Great scripture and photo.

Thanks for sharing it today!

Lovin ya back,

Cheryl

Leaon Mary said...

He's my strength too Debra!
Holykisses,
Lea

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?