For example: "Debra suffers long and is kind. Debra does not envy. Debra does not think evil." It is somewhat sobering but it is a great test to see how far I am down the road toward what the Lord would have me be. He wants His love operating in our lives.
Then insert the name of Jesus.
"Jesus suffers long and is kind. Jesus does not envy. Jesus isn't provoked. Jesus thinks no evil. Jesus does not rejoice in iniquity. Jesus rejoices in all truth. Jesus bears all things. Jesus never fails."
Hallalujah!
1 Cor 13:4-8 "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, it is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."




















18 comments:
I honestly love you, too, and honestly love this post!
I've done this same thing for many years now. It makes the Scripture come alive for me personally and is SO convicting. I'm able to glaringly see how lacking and sinful I am.
Thanks for posting this... and the picture is adorable! Love that couple.
So true! When you insert your name it is scary how far I need to go, but also encouraging at the journey that I have ahead! I love that Jesus still works on us!!!
Thanks so much for your post. Really great stuff Girl!!!
(Smooches)!
PS..Thanks for the email explanation, You are still in my prayers!
What a beautiful idea! I will do this too! LauraLee is thankful for this post!
Amen sister! Insert name here. I like it and will do it!
Hugs sister!
AMEN! I'm going to do this with the children! TODAY!
Oh how far we are from holy, perfect and pure!
Praise God, He gave us the power of His son and Holy Spirit.
Love you bunches!
Jill
Awww, that is such a sweet picture. I've done the test to insert my name before. Yikes! It makes me see all the things I need to work on!
Hmmmm, I fear I would fail this test! I have so much to work on.
I love the picture at the end...so sweet!
It is amazing how alive the scripture becomes when you personalize it. This is something that I do often. Thanks for sharing the scripture with us today.
This was neat! You sure come up with some pretty awesome and encouraging things. I loved this!
I hope that your day is going well.
I want to grow to become more like Jesus. Thanks for posting that verse and inserting your name. It makes it more personal. I love to substitute my name in many of the Psalms too.
I love, love, love you.
It's so good to know that God sees me as covered in the blood of Christ...Whew! I also rest in the knowledge that one day...in the mean time-lean on Jesus cause without Him nothing about First Corinthians 13 is doable!
We did that outloud in church years and years ago. We were to stop reading when we felt we did not live up to what it said. It's amazing how quiet the church became quite quickly. I'm so thankful that when I insert the name of Jesus, I can read through it all! :)
LOVE IT!!!! Spot on as usual. I might have to print it out and put it on my fridge with my name in it. Can't ignore it there now can I?
To answer your question on my blog today. Thankfully, the contest operator was kind enough to remove my accidental post as I requested. Can you imagine though? AACK!
What a wonderful picture! God's definitely still working on me. It's taken a lot of years to get as far as I have, yet still have so far to go.
Love it! I know the areas I need to work on and am so glad that He is not finished with this work in progress.
Ouch! Thank you for the reminder of my love compared to Jesus' love. There is no comparison. May we all strive to love with His love! Thanks, my friend!
Post a Comment