Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Husband Rocks

My friend, Katy Lin, celebrates My Husband Rocks on Fridays. It is a great way to pay tribute to our husbands.


This is Jason and baby Jason out on the boat this last Saturday. He is a great uncle. This little guy was obviously named after him but what just cracks us all up is how he just pines around after him. He can do no wrong in this little guys eyes. At one point he was sitting at the front of the boat and Jay was on the wave runner and Jay was trying to spray Brian on the other wave runner. He sprayed the whole front of the boat. The baby got soaked and Candy got somewhat wet! The little guy's response was to tell his Daddy not to do that to Uncle Jay. Ha.
This is Jason skurfing. It was the first time he was able to do that for months. He had torn his calf muscle the last time we had the youth group up at our house and he was playing football with them.

Earlier today I read a very provocative post about a father who realized he did not spend enough time with his family. I can honestly say that Jason showers us with his time and affection. He is generous with both and we are extremely grateful.
Song of Solomon 2:10 "My beloved spoke, and said to me: Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away"



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Debra - what a beautiful tribute to the men we love and how love us!

Love the photos and so glad Jay is out there doing what he loves again!

Have a blessed weekend!

Sending many {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} and love your way sis!
Jill

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention I love the new look!

Very cheerful!

Hugs and love!
Jill

Daphine said...

What a sweet tribute to your sweet hubby. Being a fairly new reader on your blog and from what I have read so far, Jason sounds like an awfully good man.

Denise said...

This was so sweet, your husband definitely rocks. I love your new look.

He & Me + 3 said...

How Awesome! I love how much you adore your husband. It shows in so many of your wonderful posts! BTW...love the new look!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I have a feeling our husbands would get along great. My husband is all about family. It's very rare so hold on tight to that one.
Hugs my friend. Where's your funny? I look forward to yours lol.
No pressure. Okay yes pressure!
Mwah!

April said...

What a sweet tribute to your husband. You have to share it with him! I'm sure it will make his day. :) He sounds like a wonderful person.

My husband has a boss who travels out of town about 5 days out of every week, sometimes more. I know that the quest for making money can have a strong pull, but I keep thinking that his kids (all 5) will be grown and gone before he knows it and he will have missed SO much. Breaks my heart.

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

luvmy4sons said...

Love the flowers! And it is refreshing to listen to you speak so highly of your hubby! He sounds like a keeper!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Hey Debra! What a nice tribute. I, too, am thankful for my wonderful husband. I don't know what I would do without him. Have ag reat Friday, my friend! BTW-I love the new look!

bp said...

Debra, I saw you were doing My Husband Rocks again and it made me smile. I think it is nice to honor your husband in this way. I like the orange flowers!!

Patti said...

Debra,

I found your blog through Kim at Homesteader's Heart. She is a dear friend of mine.

I, too, am thankful for a wonderful husband. No, he's not perfect (neither am I, believe it or not!), but he's a precious man who seeks the Lord and works hard to provide for his family. How blessed we are.

Your photo reminded me of when we lived in Florida (my husband is a Space Coast native, and we lived for many years in Volusia County). My husband loved to barefoot water ski. Sadly, though, lower back injuries make doing that a thing of the past.

Blessings to you,
Patti

Mikki said...

what a great post! I love this idea. I will have to try and hook up with it next week.

Just noticed you are in Central FL!! We are in Volusia County!! A FL blogger.. Yahoo!

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?