
I had some really awful news this week. First, my doctor's visit went ok...but the bloodwork results were not back yet and therefore the doctor wishes to keep me on medicine. I'm still holding on to Psalm 27..."Wait upon the Lord and He will strengthen your heart". I am not a rebellious person by nature but it would just bode with me better if they called and said "yes, all is clear". Today they told me the lab lost my results!
Next, my husband, son and I were supposed to go to NY the end of next week for a celebration for my nephew. My husband and I were in the ceremony. I won't get into logistics here but we found out that Josh's football season started and it is the beginning of spring season where positions are determined and starting lineups. It's his senior year and he does not want to miss out on that so it looked like I was going to stay behind. Every available family member was just too put out to make any adjustments to come stay with him.
And then God............
My sister in law, Holly, was going to go to NY to the ceremony but has decided she will stay behind and have quality time with Joshua and allow Jay and I to go and be part of the ceremony and have the time together. Holly is a new believer and up until a few months ago, this would have never been possible.
I was speaking with Michele over at Michele's Morsels Beelieve today and she agreed to pray with me over the matter and within an hour, God had worked the whole thing out. Praise Him. This means a lot to Jason's other sister that we are there. She missed out on a lot of his life and she trusts Jay to stand in for her son in spiritual matters.
I mentioned to Michele today that I was weary and then I read this Psalm...I'd like to leave it with you...may you be strengthened too. Psalm 6:2 "Have mercy on me Lord for I am weak; O Lord heal me for my bones are troubled"
David pleaded for mercy here based on his weakness. This confession "I am weak" is hard to own up to. We like to be strong...but we fail and we need to call upon God for mercy. I am glad for the provision of His grace and His mercy despite my weakness. And for the provisions that He sends along in the way of friends who will pray...and a sister in law who humbled and sacrificed her wants.
Blessings to you this Thankful Thursday! Great big hugs!




















30 comments:
Debra Kay...
neat, neat post...Psalm 27..."Wait upon the Lord and He will strengthen your heart". ... This scripture is wonderful. It reminds me of the Waiting song from Fireproof... Cool. Have a blast in NY. Happy TT
Praise God, hope you have a wonderful time my friend.
I hope you have a wonderful time in NY. And thank you for posting that Psalm. I need all of them that I can find and that one speaks to me as well. Times are tough right now, but I know through God all things are possible. I will make it through this storm too.
I wrote on my blog again, and plan to continue, just so you know...I am 'back'! I think! :)
Hi Debra, My prayers are with you at this time too. I hope all works out medically and what a blessing to get to go to Ny.
This reminds me of that lovely song about God making a way when it seems there is no way.
Don't know why we should be surprised because He is so faithful. Yet He still surprises us! We pray a prayer, He answers and then we're surprised, lol!
Wow... what a beautiful grateful heart. He will provide all of our needs! May your trip to NY be safe and thank you Lord that you are working it all out for my sister in christ! Happy TT! -Laurie PS: no I was not reading your mail ... I just happen to get the same mail in my box!! lol
i love it when God answers prayers. thank you too for reminding me to wait upon the Lord. i know that was meant for everybody but it felt more like the message was for me. God bless you, debra.
I'm rejoicing with you! Our God is too incredibly, wonderfully, amazingly loving for even a mouthful of adverbs!
Prayer really does work. I'm glad that you will be able to go to the event. And, it's nice that your sil, as a new believer, will get to be of service.
I am so glad it all worked out so you can go. I am not so glad that the lab lost your results! How aggravating.
You know I'm rejoicing in what the Lord has done with Kathy and Mike!! He flies out Tuesday to go get his bride!
Hugs my friend.
What I love is how He works good out of situation that seems apparently NOT GOOD. When I saw about your blood work my first thought was that they had messed up the blood work and would have concluded something wrong for you, so God had it get lost so it could be repeated and done correctly. He was protecting you through an apparent mistake. I do not claim to say that this is directly from God...but it was a thought and I am glad that you then saw Him working in your situation. If we will wait upon Him He will do exceedingly, abundantly, more than we ask or imagine. Many blessings!
I am so glad God answered that prayer so quickly! I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful time together.
I'm sorry the lab lost your results. :o( I pray the next ones will come back with the answer you were hoping to hear.
Love!
b
What a wonderful answer to prayer! Thanks for sharing!
Debra,
I praise Him for always making the way for His will to be done.
I will be praying over your test results - that once you have the new test done it comes back fast and clear!
I will be praying over your time with family in NY. Gosh you will be only 1.5 hrs away from me :)
I will be praying for Josh to get the spot on the team that will be display his talents!
Praying over your trip and heart!
Hugs and love,
Jill
So happy that you are able to go to NY with Jason. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed time. I will be praying for your test results.
Hugs,
Mimi
What a great thankful post on how God does provide for us... in any and all situations!
Happy Thankful Thursday!
That is awesome! Have a good time in NY.
What a great post!! Wow! So glad to see God's provision for you in this!!
P.S.-
I've tagged you with a fun thing.. come by and see..
Isn't it wonderful when we lay our burdens and our worries at God's feet and He answers our cries for help? I'm so glad to know that things worked out in your favor...I'm certain that you and Jay will have an amazing time! Your sister-in-law is such a sweetheart for what she's done!
I'm sorry to hear your results aren't back yet, but hold strong to that verse, Debra. I know in my heart that all will be well!
Awesome post on God's provision! Praising God with you for a much needed answer to pray. We have not because we ask not...that is me most of the time.
Praying everything else will go smooth for you, that they find your results and you have a wonderful trip with your hubby!
Lots and lots of ((hugs)) coming your way, my sweet friend!!!
Debra, you are such a blessing to me. Thank you for sharing what's been happening and how God provides. I'm just getting to know Michele (she lives in Phoenix too!) but knowing that she has such a heart for prayer and a kindness and willingness like this endears her to me all the more.
I will be praying about your blood test. I know that things like this can happen but it's hard when you're the one waiting. I'm so glad that you will be able to go to NY to be there for your nephew. PTL for a new believer who stepped up. Wow; I love that!!!!
Don't forget to take photos in NY and share the details with your blogging friends. What part of NY? Did you know I'm from Long Island?
Praise the Lord for his timing! I will pray for you today my friend.
When He provides He provides! I love it! I'm thankful you can go. I'm so sorry about the lab losing your results and praying that you get some good news, my friend. Much love and have a Happy Thankful Thursday!
I'm glad things are falling into place. Thank you Jesus!
I'll pray that your results are good. Love you my friend. Oh, Bug is back in the blogosphere again. I'm so happy!
Praise God you're able to go to New York after all. God works everything out as He desires and that never ceases to amaze me. Thank you for sharing!
WOW..what an amazing, honest post, filled with God's Word and truth..thank you precious one...
Truly amazing, girl. So thankful for your precious, faithful heart.
Thank you for this, for I am weak today...but God!
I am praying that all goes well with your appt.
It was nice that you had someone step in for you so you could go to this ceremony. It's awesome what prayer can do and how fast God can work.
Precious I had not been online since mid week and missed this! I am praying for your health and as you know Psalm 27:13-14 is my Life SCRIPTURE taught to me as a child. I'm standing with others as we stand with you. Love you.
Post a Comment