Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Please Pray!

Hi everyone this is Kim from Homesteaders Heart. I'm a good friend of Debra's and I wanted to post a prayer request on Debra's behalf.
Some of you know me and some of you don't but as I was talking to Debra just now getting the update, her pain killers started to kick in. I told her that I would update her blog for her to get prayers and she wanted me to post something funny instead. I knew the pain killers were talking because she said "I'll finally have something funny on my blog! AND to make sure that I use proper grammar and spelling!" Oy, the pressure! LOL! But I know if she was thinking clearly she would want me to post the prayer request instead. I hope I can get this right. Here it goes.

Debra is in the hospital for her heart. She has had a cat scan and an ekg. There is something wrong with one of the muscles near or around her heart and they are going to do a heart catheter tomorrow sometime. If they find 70% or more blockage they will immediately do surgery and put a stint in or balloon it. If it's less than that they may move her to ORMC and have the procedure done there. She does not do well under anesthesia and her heart is weak.
Will you please join me in prayer for her right now?
Dear Lord you are the Almighty God. This hasn't taken you by surprise and you are in complete control. I pray right now Lord that you just touch Debra's heart Lord. Make it strong. Let it be able to handle what is going to be happening these next few days Lord. Guide the hands of the doctors and give them wisdom and Lord if it be your will I pray for a complete healing right now.
Be with her family and please give them peace and keep them strong. I ask this in your Precious Name Jesus, Amen!
Thank you ladies.
If you have any questions you can find me at my blog. I will tell you what I know.
GOD BLESS!

46 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Praying for you my sister.
Hugs,
Sherry

Debbie Petras said...

I'm praying right along with you Kim. This is so weird or maybe not. It must be the Holy Spirit because I had been thinking this morning that I should send her an email. We've been in touch a bit on Facebook but I knew something more was up. I just felt it.

Debra, I am praying for you right now. May the cardiologists have wisdom and skill as they perform the catheterization tomorrow. I also pray that the nurses and all medical staff involved will treat you kindly and tenderly as I would if I were there as your nurse. Please Lord, give Debra peace and calmness despite the uncertainty. And let her know that her blogging friends love her and are praying for her. Amen

Kim, thank you for updating us. I really appreciate that.

Karen M said...

I will be praying! We serve a mighty God who heals and who answers prayer.

~Melinda said...

Thank you for letting everyone know. I found this blog through yours, and I'm glad that I read it and will be able to pray for her! I work for a cardiologist, and my husband had a massive heart attack at age 37 - so we know a little about these things. Please don't worry too much, stents are very common, as are the balloon procedures. Will be praying that there is nothing more serious and that she is home and 100% better very soon!!

More Than Words said...

Hi Kim. Thank you for the update on Debra!

We will be praying!!

Sita said...

Father,
I know nothing is a surprise to You...You knew everything about Deb even while she was being formed. I know that You have equipped her for such a day. So please as your kingdom purposes are being fulfilled in her life, I ask that You deliver her first from all evil bent against her, guard her from any incompetent health care, go before her, provide the most caring of staff, the most skillful of surgeons...bring Your family there to surround her and her family...provide for every single detail..let her know she is totally covered.Finally, God, I ask for complete healing for her.
In the name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh Debra,
Lifting you up in prayer sweet sister. May God be with you and give you peace. Thanks Kim for keeping us updated. Take care.
((hugs)) xoxo Stacey

bp said...

I am lifting you up to the Lord tonight sweet friend.

Thanks for letting us know, Kim.

Marsha said...

My precious friend, you are in my prayers!

Edie said...

Thank you for posting this Kim. I am praying for you Debra.

Denise said...

Thanks for letting us know. I love her, and she will be very much in my prayers.

LisaShaw said...

Kim, just got the message from Debbie at Heart Choices as I've been on blogging break. I have PRAYED and will continue. I will also post on my blog for her right now.

GOD IS ABLE! GOD IS FAITHFUL! AND WE ALL STAND TOGETHER IN PRAYER FOR HER IN THE NAME OF JESUS!!

Thanks Kim for keeping us posted.

Unknown said...

Kim - thanks for letting us know!

Joining you and everyone who loves her in prayer!

She has been on my heart but I didn't know why I until I read the update! Thank You Father for speaking to me and asking me to pray for YOUR daughter!

Blessings and many prayers being lifted up for Debra!

Love,
Jill

Tammy said...

I've sent up a prayer to our All Mighty God.

love and hugs~Tammy

Geli said...

I am joining all you precious prayer warriors in prayer and stand in agrement with you for speedy and divine recovery!

Debra, sending lots of love!

April said...

Debra~
I am lifting you and your precious family up in my prayers right now! God is the Great Physician and I trust that you are in very good hands. Please know how much we all care about you! God Bless You, sweet friend! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Much love!

Mare said...

Stopping by from Lisa's blog. My prayers for you Debra. May the Lord watch over you during this time. I pray the catheterization proceedure goes well.

Lord, wrap Debra in you arms bringing her the comfort and peace that comes from the Father. In Jesus name, Amen

In His Love,
Mare

Alleluiabelle said...

My Sweet, Sweet Friend Debra,

I am praying for you dear one. We have gone through so much with my husband and his heart issues. You have my complete empathy, fervent prayers and support in any way that I can be. I love you my sweet friend. Take rest in knowing that He is with you now and through the prayers of you, your family and all of us here, the healing blood of Jesus Christ is being poured over and all throughout you. May the precious healing blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ consume you and miraculously heal you.

Thank you Kim for updating all of us. This woman is such a precious, precious sister to all of us.

Peace, Love, Hugs & Prayers,
Alleluiabelle

Staci Loalbo said...

Debra you are in my thoughts and prayers!! YOu are an amazing woman, and Gods got your back fo sho!! LOVE YOU!!!

Sharon said...

Hey Debra, please know I am praying for you, calling on all my prayer warriors and we will alllll be in one accord!!!
Jesus, You are the Great Physician, and there is nothing too difficult for You. So I bring My friend Debra before You now, and ask that You would touch her with Your almighty power. Your word says that "You hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry." Hear My friend Debra now, as she cries out to You and answer her in this time of need.
Touch her body Lord, with the strength she needs to fight this condition that she may recover quickly. Your Word declares that it's by Your stripes that we are healed, so I take hold of that promise for My friend Debra right now, and I proclaim Your provision for her healing. Let Your peace overshadow her, and Your presence be her comfort at this time. I pray in Jesus' mighty name, Amen!

He & Me + 3 said...

Thank you so much for the update...I will be praying for sweet Debra.
Mimi

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Debra:
Lisa sent me over here to pray with Kim for your heart. I will be praying daily for you, dear sweet sister, and claiming God's Word of healing. May He keep you in perfect peace and your family at this time.

With love,
Mary

RCUBEs said...

Standing in prayers with these precious sisters. May the Lord cover you sister Debra with His comfort, healing and strength.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! I will definitely be praying!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Praying for you,Debra. Thanks for letting her fellow bloggers know, Kim.

Samantha said...

Praying for you precious Debra.

petrii said...

Dearest Debra,
I just came over from Lisa's blog and wanted you to know that I'm praying for you dear one.

Father,
You are the God of all things and nothing is impossible with You. You love Debra beyond measure and You know every single solitary beat of her precious heart. I pray that You will heal her heart, Father. Be with her precious family Lord.
I love You Jesus, Praise Your Name!!
Amen

Praying for you,
Dawn

Mel said...

Praying!!!

Beth Herring said...

Oh sweet sister, pryaing for you right now. I pray for all of the doctors involved that they will get wisdom and discernment from God.

I pray peace and comfort and protection for you sweet one and for your family as they minister to you.

In His Grip,
Beth

Andrea said...

Sending prayers. You are in the hands of the Great Physician and I am trusting HIM with your case.

GOD bless, andrea

GranthamLynn said...

Hi Kim how I posted your prayer from last night on my WFW.
Praying for Debra today.
Hugs sweet sisters.
Father God please give Debra strength an please give wisdom to the doctors. I know that your daughter will be a Blessing to all who are there working please show yourself through her. Please give her peace. Amen

Anonymous said...

Dearest Debra,
I'm praying for you and your family during this time. I know that my entire family will be uplifting you in prayer.

May you feel His almighty hands working through your physicians.

Hugs, Mrs.Cuddles

Unknown said...

Kim, so nice of you to update and that was a lovely prayer.

Debra, I'm praying for you and your family!

Blessings and hugs to you!

Frizzy said...

I'm just getting back from vacation and am shocked to learn Deb is ill and in the hospital. I WILL keep her in my prayers. Thank you for the update. Give her my love please.

Ginger said...

Hi~I'm stopping over from Lisa Shaw's blog to let you know that I'm praying for you and your family today. God is faithful!

BECKY said...

I came over from Lisa's blog and am praying for Debra. If it is ORMC in Orlando, that's only about 50 minutes from me.

Love and prayers,
Becky

Kelly said...

Praying for you Debra!! Pls. let me know if I can bring you and the boys a meal. You should contact RL pastoral care! That is what the church does best!! Call me!!

Denise said...

I came via Lisa Shaw's blog and I am praying and will continue to pray.

shalom,
Denise

Heart2Heart said...

Already sent my request up to be heard in Heaven as I write this. Thank you for letting us know of this request and may the mighty Healer do a great work in her life!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth in NC said...

I could just cry! I found this AFTER the procedure! I love Debra and am so sorry to hear she has been having problems.

Praying!
Beth

Karen said...

Praying now....

Angela said...

I just saw this now and wanted to let you know that I appreciate you sharing this with us and letting us know how things are going..I am definitely praying....((hugs)) to both of you.

Kathleen said...

I don't know Debra, but I join the many here praying on her behalf.

Father, please touch your child with strength. Grant her peace in the process of treatment, and grant the physicians amazing skill in diagnosing and treating her. May her health be restored, and Your name glorified.

In the name of Jesus ... Amen

Kathleen

Susan said...

Oh Debra,

I'm so sorry to hear you are in the hospital now.

I'm agreeing in prayer with all your sisters for a complete healing and recovery.

I pray God will put His angels all around you to watch over you and protect you.


I'm beleiving God for that GOOD report.

I hope you feel all these prayers and love that is coming your way!

PS. Thanks Kim for letting us know!

TRUTH SHARER said...

Sweet Sister:

God's daughters are praying with you and for you and your family! Lisa Shaw sent me here to pray over you. Thanks, Kim for posting this and listening to God's heart.

Father God------
Debra needs a touch of Your diving healing this day. Would You reach out Your hand and take hold of hers and she grasps the hem of Your garment and hides under the shadow of Your wings?

Please allow Your Holy Spirit to powerfully work in her body to overcome this heart difficulty. You know her indside and out. Would You comfort her and her family as they go through this trial with You? In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Blessing upon blessing...
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

Anonymous said...

Father in Heaven,

I do not know this sister but you do. You know her as your child. You knew about her heart condition before the world was created. This was no suprise to you. Please give her peace as she stuggles through the next few days.
We ask for your healing mercies, Lord.

In Jesus precious and holy name,

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?