Jason is a hands on Dad! He gives Joshua great big bear hugs. Doesn't matter to him that he is 16 and is beginning to be able to look him eye to eye. This particular picture was taken when they were getting ready to play their first round of district championship games and they were practicing 'game' faces. They were laughing and trying to hold a poker face. I can't tell you how many times I heard Jay say "I'm proud of you, Son". "Go out there and have a good time". "Do your best". He was seriously more nervous than Josh. When Josh left for the game he turned around and looked at me and asked me where our little guy went? Ahh If you did not know this man, he would look awful intimidating, but he is a big goofball and a teddy bear wrapped into one. He rocks at being a hands on Dad.
And this is my beloved out on the boat with his Uncle Tony this past weekend. His Uncle Tony is from New York and wanted to spend some time in the warm weather so Jay, being Jay, said "come". He will be with us until the weather changes or until he decides he wants to go home. Jay is sharing the Lord with him and walks around saying in his best italian accent "forget about it"... all the time. Yes, Uncle Tony may be with us for quite some time. He is loving being here and Jay is loving sharing the Lord and the Florida sunshine with this member of his family. He doesn't get to do that much. Have I mentioned what a wonderful smile that man of mine has? He has the gift of hospitality. In fact, we are getting ready to have Derek and Kelly come and spend the night with us and we are taking them to the airport in the morning. He loves to love on people!
Katy Lin asked us to name something our husband's did or said this week that reminded us why we loved them. My husband bought me a couple of pair of jeans this week and when my son came in the room he told him to 'check me out' and told our son "that's my girl". Ahhh! My son gave me a big hug and slugged his Dad and went running out of the room! Too funny!
May the Lord bless you today! A great big hug from Florida!!





















22 comments:
I'm so glad that you have such a loving husband Debra. He sounds wonderful and it's so great that you both share a love for the Lord. God bless you.
Debra,
Your husband does rock as a husband, father & friend. He has it all for sure. You are blessed!
Love ya!
Mimi
Have a great weekend.
Awww! Your husband sounds almost as good as mine LOL! Hmmm I wish we could see just how much he loves hospitality! Ha!Ha! When is Uncle Tony leaving. No rush! LOL.
You know I love you my friend. We can't wait to hang with you all this year.
Happy Big Friday Hugs.
Kim
Debra,
Sure sounds like you have a good man on your hands! You two have a real connection...I can just feel it! How wonderful that God has blessed you with, not only a fantastic husband, but with a lasting and fulfilling marriage, as well! He seems like such a lover of people and is a fantastic father, friend, and mentor. Two thumbs up to Jason!
Love ya, girl...have an awesome weekend! It's 16 degrees here right now...we need some of that Florida warmth and sunshine!!!
You are truly blessed with a loving marriage.
That is so sweet! He looks like a character! Praise God for such a sweet family!
Love,
Beth
Debra - Jason sounds like a precious husband and you certainly are BLESSED!
I love his relationship with Josh. It always blesses my heart to read your stories of them together.
I love your new header photo - WOW! Gorgeous!
Lots of love - have a great weekend!
Jill
I hope your husband reads your awesome tributes to him. It sounds like you have been truly blessed... I know I certainly have!
what a great dad!!! love the pics!!
praise the Lord for his servant's heart! i love your pics :) as always, he sounds like a wonderful man!
I love your new header picture! I love the way your hubby is sheepishly trying to put his finger in your son's nose in that one picture. What a riot! You are greatly blessed!
I enjoy reading your tributes to your husband.
Oh, Man...how sweet ate YOU???? Your hubby must be beaming from ear to ear today.
I just popped by to say thanks for stopping by Fitness Friday today. I'm so glad you enjoyed Amy's story.
Blessings,
Sandy
He sounds like an amazing hubby!! he rocks!! ♥
This is such a great meme. I need to try it out next week. What a great way to give a glimpse of our hubbys!!
I really enjoyed reading yours!
I love the pics! He sounds like a great husband and a great dad!
Take care my friend!
I hope you have a great weekend!
I loved how you sang his praises, Debra! We should always speak highly of our husbands and exhort them and encourage them. You're doing a fantastic job! He sounds like he's a sweetie! I'm so glad he's so good with your son, encouraging him and hugging on him still. No matter how tall they are, they're still our little guys, aren't they? My nephews, Blake and Reese, are both at least 6 ft. but think nothing about plopping down in Aunt Nonnie's lap, just as they did when they were 6 and 7.
A healthy father-teenage son relationship?! What a beautiful and rare thing! You must have an awesome family.
Although you would say that you are blessed to have Jay for a husband, I will say that he is equally blessed to have a wife such as you. All men need a wife like you...their cheerleader.
Also, I must say, I'm a bit envious of that blue sky. I haven't seen blue sky in weeks---quite typical for December, January, and February.
Love,
Patti
What a great post!! Your hubby does rock!!
Love the new picture too! Beautiful sunset!
Your hubby does rock! (mine too for that matter!) I love to see Ryan and the boys in all their glory...wrestling, working, loving on each other! There is nothing better than daddy/son time! Thanks for sharing! You are truly blessed my friend!
xoxo Stacey
This post gave me goosebumps! Your husband does ROCK!! We are blessed, aren't we? ;) xoxo Ang
HA...your word verification word is prodads. Couldn't have planned that. lol Love it!
Post a Comment