Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today's Thankful Thursday's theme is 'Precious Words'. Iris at Grace Alone is our hostess. When I read her post, I was immeasurably touched. The Word gives us many precious words, and I'm thankful for them.

I'm so grateful I live by the water. I find great peace there. It always reminds me of Genesis 2b "And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters". Thank you, Lord, that you are the Living Water.

I am thankful for the precious words of a loving husband. He is adoring in action and in words. I am reminded of Song of Solomon 2:6 "His left hand is under my head, and his right hand embraces me".

How thankful I am for the gift of a child who is seeking the Lord and understanding more and more everyday where to find Him! It makes me mindful of 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work".

I am thankful for a God who hears us and answers us when we call Him. My son's scripture verse for this year is Jeremiah 33:3 and it has truly spoken to me thus far...and may it speak to you "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know".

Blessings to you this day!




33 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debra Kaye,

Wow, this post just really touched me. Your son and his scripture was just awesome.

Neat. Thank you and have a wonderful TT.

Unknown said...

Oh Debra - what a beautiful verse for Joshua. Goodness that boy just touches my heart!

I love that verse too! Yes, LORD you have things yet for me to know and see.

I pray you are doing well and know that I think of you daily in my prayers!

Love and blessings sweet friend!
Jill

Melanie said...

What truly wonderful blessings, Debra! God IS so very good, isn't He?!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Debra! That was so beautiful and moving!

I love Jeremiah 33:3...I learned it this way when I was in youth and it is written in my old Bible...

God's Phone Number: Jeremiah 33:3

It is so true...He is just a breath away...just the utterance of His name.

Thanks for sharing!

Happy TT!

Denise said...

Such a blessed filled post sweetie.

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) God bless you more this year. ♥

Grammy said...

I enjoyed your tt post. You family is a true blessing. Have a wonderful week.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love it my friend. Precious words indeed!
Hugs.
Kim

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

You and your family are such a blessing. I just love how the Word of God has something for everyone & how it is timeless & reaches into our hearts & encourages us. God is so good!
Love ya,
Mimi
Awesome post!

Sweet Blessings said...

Thank you for sharing the Word of the Lord! Blessings, Amanda

April said...

As always, Debra, your words have blessed me. Thanks for sharing such awesome scripture! Hugs to you!

luvmy4sons said...

Always blessed by your wonderful thankful list!

Tammy said...

Your post was very encouraging. I love God's word and how it applies to every aspect of our lives.

bp said...

Good morning,

I like how you put the related verses with each blessing. I love that Jeremiah 33:3. Blessings to you today!

Beth in NC said...

That is a beautiful post Debra. What a beautiful verse and precious son! What a gift!

May I ask a stupid question? Where do you find the "theme" for TT? I looked before I wrote and it didn't stand out to me.

Love you,
b

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Debra,

I enjoyed your TT post today!!!
That really is a great verse...
Your family must love you so much!
You really are a beautiful person inside n out.
GOD BLESS YOU DEBRA
HAPPY TT!
Lea

Davisix said...

And I am thankful for you! Your words this morning mean more than you know. xoxo Ang

Aisling said...

I woudl love to live by the water too. It just brings something of peace to a house.

Laurie Ann said...

I love the Word beside each of these precious blessings in your life. Fantastic post, Debra! I am thankful for you! You bless my heart, my friend. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen my friend! What great promises we have in His word. I especially love your thought about the water. God truly is everywhere. Isn't He?

Praising with you this Thankful Thursday!
May you have a wonderful day!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Debra,

So true. Great words to ponder.

Missed being about blog land and you.

I guess we were correct on Denise! Glad to see she is on the mend!

Love,
Cheryl

Speaking from the Heart said...

Debra,

Awesome list.

Jeremiah 3:33, direct line to God. This is my theme verse for 2009.

More Than Words said...

What a great TT post!! Your son has learned by great examples!!! I could tell that you have such a loving family hubby & son! God is good!!

Debbie Petras said...

God's Word is so amazing! You have a very tender heart and I love to visit your blog.

Mikki said...

Beautiful post!!

Come stop by my blog. I left you a little something special!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am blessed with a wonderful, loving husband! And I am so thankful!

Hope you have a great week!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Debra,

Thank you for speaking from your heart. You are like a gentle breeze that comes in on a hot summer's day, refreshing. Thank you for decorating our lives from your heart.

-Decorating with your interior design

Anonymous said...

Debra,

Thank you for speaking from your heart. You are like a gentle breeze that comes in on a hot summer's day, refreshing. Thank you for decorating our lives from your heart.

-Decorating with your interior design

McCrakensx4 said...

What a great post and so much to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing. You've got a keeper in that boy of yours!

Patti said...

Living in a land-locked state, and missing the ocean very much, I can certainly relate to you being thankful that you live by the water. My climate is high desert, which means that we're desert at a high elevation. There's not much water around. I miss water very much!

Love,
Patti

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Debra- You are such a special lady. I truly have to say that although I am not blogging as much I MISS YOUR BLOG and visiting frequently. I just LOVE that your family is JESUS Seeking and JESUS LOVING!!! You are all blessed and my friend...we are ALL THANKFUL for YOU!!

Edie said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for Debra. I am also thankful that we have a God who hears. I love that scripture from Jeremiah!

Michele Williams said...

Wonderful touching TT post... God is so good... Blessings to you...

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?