
Today is Thankful Thursday. Thank you, Iris, for hosting. Each week I am blessed to read how the Lord is changing attitudes for those of us who gather together and take a moment to be thankful for the Lord's blessings.
I am thankful for my Jesus. I am thankful that He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3 I know many people who are hurting right now emotionally and physically. I'm so grateful we can call upon the name of the Lord.
I am thankful for my beloved. He is a character most days but when need be...he is a soothing balm. Song of Solomon 2:10 "My beloved spoke, and said to me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away"
I am thankful for the view out my windows. It is of the water and for some reason, I cannot look at it without thinking of Genesis 2b "And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters". This verse gives me such a comfort. I can't put it into proper verbage and when I look at the water, I can't visibly see why it grabs and tugs so at me...but I can tell you that when I look at it...that verse is there and I am mindful and thankful for the Spirit of my Lord and the water he placed there.
I am thankful to have heard the voice of my daughter this week. I have been praying the verse I wrote for her a long time ago in my Bible for her. It is Ephesians 3:17-19 "that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith: that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height - to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God" It is my most fervent hope that my child will grasp ahold of this love and come home to the Lord.
Blessings to you today as you take time to be thankful. And a great big hug from me to you!





















39 comments:
What great things to be Thankful for. Praying for your daughter and for you! Happy TT dear friend!
xoxo ~Stacey
Yes...I have been feeling under the weather these last few days, but I have some questions that I am going to send to a few bloggy friends this weekend! Thanks for being patient!
Beautiful post, Debra! Praying for you tonight.
Beautiful TT post, Debra!!!
Great list of thankfuls, Debra! I am happy for you that you heard the voice of your daughter. Beautiful verses chosen for your her!
Blessings to you dear friend!
Great list of thanks!!!
Glad you got to hear from daughter...
Have a Terrific Thursday!!!
Darlene
I love how you're thankful for changing attitudes. I will continue to pray for your daughter and that the Lord would draw her to Himself in answer to your prayer.
Wonderful things my friend. We have so much to be thankful for when we set our eyes on Jesus!
Hugs to you.
Kim
Debra, that is such a beautiful praise and wonderful thing to hear!
Thank You LORD for this precious reunion - knowing You are not finished the work You have begun until the end!
Love you - Jill
I know the Lord hears the prayers of your mother's heart.
Oh, this is always one of my favorite days to read your posts, Debra. You bless me in so many ways! ♥ I'll be saying a prayer for your daughter...keep the faith!
Sending hugs and blessings your way...so thankful our paths crossed!
All wonderful things to be thankful for. Will pray for your daughter and for you.
Debra, praying for your daughter - with God all things are possible. Blessings & Happy TT, Tammy
Happy Thankful Thursday dear friend!
This is a blessed list!
I LOVED the VERSE! In fact, we are having a big Youth conference this weekend, and as one of the youth teachers, I am prayer-walking the auditorium before it starts...Ephesians will be one of the verses I pray over it!
Beautiful post Happy TT!
Debra,
Your Thankful Thursday post gave me goosebumps. I love that you put scriptures with each thing you are Thankful for. You are so encouraging...I will pray for your daughter.
Blessings and hugs your way!
Love,
Mimi
Thank you for visiting my blog on this TT! Your post was so beautiful and I appreciate your knowledge of scripture to express the words on your heart.
Debra, what a great TT list! Loved the scriptures you shared for your daughter. May God renew your hope today. Happy TT! -Laurie
Beautiful Debra! And I have no doubt that your prayers for your daughter are working in the realm of the spirit. God loves her and wants her.
Your heart is so beautiful.
Love!
b
What a sweet, sweet post, Debra. May God grant you the desires of your heart and may He continue to pour out His blessings upon you, my friend. I love how you are with the water...I'm the same way with the stars (not in an astrologically kinda way, just that they fascinate me - God knows them by name!) I just cannot explain it. I'm so glad someone else is like that. Happy Thankful Thursday!
O.k...since the view out of my window includes something called "Artic Sunshine" and I can't really go outside and check it out because it is 16 below zero with -35 below windchill.......
I think you need to post a photo of your VIEW!~
Beautiful TT post! We do have so much to be thankful for --don't we. Even windchill.....I guess....I think.....I....yes, even windchill!
It must have a purpose?
Diane
Im thankful for you my dear!!! For inspiring me to spend more time in the word and reflect on it more often!!
I love how you include verses with your thankfulness. I will pray for your daughter too.
Debra, I am so sorry that I didn't know about your daughter. Our friendship is so new and I have been so focused on our circumstances, I am sorry that I have missed this. I will be praying for you daughter and for you too.
....and I return to add--I understand the prayers of your heart. I have been praying and loving my own prodigal for more than a decade. In fact, my blog is dedicated to all who stand in the gap...awaiting the promise of God's faithfulness as He calls our children home...to Him!
Your partner in prayer and the promise!
Diane
So many wonderful things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing!
What a beautiful post! I don't know the situation with your daughter, but I do know the same God you do and I trust that He loves her and has a great plan in store for her. The prayers of a mother can move mountains!! I am a living testimony of a redeemed soul whose grandmother never lost faith in me!
Keep praying!
Oh - That a love for God and his Word would take root in all our childrens' lives.
Wonderful Thankful Thursday list.
~esthermay
Yes, we have clients all over the US. We do not do foreign work.
I'm thankful you heard from your daughter too! I was one of those daughters for a while. Sometimes my mom and I didn't talk- that added to my hardening of heart at times. Praying the Lord's will over you-thank you for sharing! Amanda:)
Thanks for visiting today... I loved all the things that you were thankful for... Blessings
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post. I'll be praying for your daughter, too...I have a son who I am praying the same thing over. Our children - one of our greatest points of joy and also our greatest points of sorrow. It is oh so true about our heart on legs!!! Blessings!!!
Such sweet, sweet blessings my friend. I love you.
I love how you have scripture reference to each thing that you are thankful. Very endearing post!!
Ok...I know that this is the 3rd time to comment on this post... But I have the questions and have erased your email! So email me at slmac20@yahoo.com and I'll get those questions to you! I love the new look and I really like the new header pic. God paints a beautiful picture, doesn't He?!
Hi Debra,
I feel the gratitude and thankfulness flowing from your spirit just by reading your list. I started to praise the Lord as I was reading it. Thanks for sharing your heart and bringing me into the presence of praise and thanks.
Hugz Lorie
Thank God for His many blessings upon you. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. May God bless you always!
What a great list for Thankful Thursday. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family. May the Lord gently lead your daughter to him.
Thanks for sharing my friend!
{{{Hugs}}}
Post a Comment