Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday and our host is Lori. I love this time of week. I love remembering how God has blessed me and the things I have to be thankful for.

This week I am thankful for my upcoming anniversary. My beloved and I are going on a date! We will be going to dinner together to celebrate. I am thankful for our years together and for where God has us. He has been faithful to walk with us through hard times (yes, there have been very hard times) and shown us paths of forgiveness and mercy and grace. I know I am a better person for holding hands with this husband of mine for all of these years. Thank you, Jesus, for my marriage and my husband. Song of Solomon 2:4 "He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love"

I am thankful for the quiet time I have had this past week with the Lord. I am grateful for His Word and the truths found in it. I have struggled with some old hurts and pressed in close to the Lord to hear His small still voice and I have been soothed by Him. He is such a faithful God who always meets us where we are at. 1 Kings 19:11-12 " Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire and after the fire a still small voice"

I am thankful for my son's time at football practice this week. He has started a new schedule to allow him to go to third block football practices. The time frame means his schooling must be finished before 10:30 AM! He saw it as a challenge and set his alarm for 6:30 am and he has been finished and actually getting ahead in school and off to football where he is sore (ha!) but loving the camaraderie! The coaches and his teammates are glad to see him and visa versa. Proverbs 13:4 "The soul of a lazy man desires and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich"

Today is a great day to be thankful! May the Lord bless you today!






30 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Denise said...

I hope your anniversary will be filled with precious blessings my friend, love you.

Grammy said...

Happy anniversary! It is a true blessing to have a wonderful husband. And a son to enjoy his happy heart.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Amen my friend. I love having a Lord we can lean on! Blessings to you and your family. Hug your men for me! Or pat them on the back LOL.
Hugs.
Kim

April said...

I just love when you open your heart, Debra, and share all that you're thankful for...what a blessing to us all!

CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding anniversary! There is nothing more wonderful that having a husband to walk through life with and who'll never leave your side. I hope you have a celebration that you'll always treasure...God Bless You both!

Mozi Esme said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

I've been working on getting more quiet time over here - it is so wonderful...

luvmy4sons said...

As alwyas touched by your thankful heart!

Kristi said...

I loved reading your list today. Happy anniversary! I'm so thankful that the Lord has soothed your heart and mind this week. He is so good! Rachel will be thrilled to hear about Josh. Abundant blessings to you!

Karen M said...

Thanks for such a sweet post uplifting the name of our Lord. And Happy Anniversary.

Lori said...

Debra,
Thanks for visiting! Come by any time.
Happy Anniversary!!

bp said...

Hope you enjoy your special anniversary date! Thank you for sharing about your quiet time. That is so special. I love that verse and what it means.

Beth in NC said...

What a sweet list. Happy Anniversary dear Debra!

Many blessings and Happy TT!
Beth

Lori said...

Happy anniversary!! Here are to many many more. Thank you for joining us today. I too have three male football players in my house =) Have a great day.

More Than Words said...

Happy Anniversary, Debra!! When you write about your husband, I can tell that you are just so in love with him!!

I loved your TT post! Always so heartfelt!

Michele Williams said...

Such a sweet Thankful post. Happy Anniversary to you both... and many many more wonderful and blessed years together!

love you...

Addicted to Beadz said...

Debra Kay,

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

What a beautiful thankful heart you have my friend.

Blessings,
Cheryl

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary, Debra!

Laurie Ann said...

Praying you and your beloved have a wonderful anniversary. What a lovely post about God soothing old hurts. I hate it when the scabs get ripped off or scars tear open. I'm grateful for that still, small Voice, too. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Unknown said...

Dear Sweet Sister -

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Our God is amazing and His love for us conquers all - especially when we are obedient and allow His restoring love, mercy and grace to fill us! Your marriage is such a beautiful testimony and witness of that!

I love you and praising God for how your son is such a blessing to you and Jason!

Love you -xoxoxo
Jill

na said...

Happy Anniversary and have fun on your date!

I hope the old hurts are feeling better now. I have had to pull closer to the Lord here recently due to old hurts too.

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!

Isn't it wonderful that God will meet us wherever we are? He comforts us, lead us and guides us in His ways when we listen to His still small voice.

Way to go son! That's dedication and love for football. Keep up the good work.

((hugs))
Jenn

Debbie Petras said...

Happy Anniversary on Sunday to you and your hubby. See, I remembered the exact date. You are doing a great job with that son of yours. And isn't it wonderful when we take the time to listen to the Lord. Time spent in quietness with Him is so special. How often have we missed that still, small voice because of too many distractions?

Staci Loalbo said...

awww happy anniversary, im going on a date tomorrow night with my hubby....its been a while, dinner and a movie...im excited!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

Happy Anniversary. A healthy strong and loving marriage is definitely something to be thankful for. God is good.
Love ya,
Mimi

Patti said...

Our birthdays are so close together, and it appears that our anniversaries are as well (just another thing we have in common).

when is yours? Mine is Feb. 15th, and we will be celebrating 23 years!! Praise God for wonderful husbands.

Love,
Patti

Kelly said...

6:30 am... talk about teaching discipline!! Good for him!! Have a great weekend, friend!

GranthamLynn said...

Happy Anniverssry. What a great thankful list. Isn't it great to see God's faithfulness.
I hope you have an amazing date with your sweetheart.
Many blessings,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope that you have a wonderful time!!!

McCrakensx4 said...

What great things to be Thankful for. You have such a full heart, Debra! Happy Anniversay BTW!!
~Stacey xo

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I hope you had a Happy Anniversary my friend! May you have many more happy years ahead!

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?