Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Word for Wednesday

Psalm 61:2 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I".

Is your heart overwhelmed? Look up..to your Jesus...your Rock.

Blessings to you and a great big hug!!



24 comments:

More Than Words said...

I'm so thankful that Jesus is the rock of my salvation!!!!

Frizzy said...

And to you too my dear friend! HUGS!

April said...

Perfect scripture to start my day off on the right note...thanks so much, Debra!!! Hope your day is filled with blessings!

Unknown said...

AMEN! Debra - that is so powerful! I love singing set your eyes UPON Jesus.

Love you sweet friend!

Hugs, Jill

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

A great big hearty AMEN! Beautiful verse my friend.
So two weeks huh? *Sigh* I guess we can wait that long. *heavy sigh*
HUGS!
Kim

luvmy4sons said...

Oh waht a great scripture...Love it! Thanks for that today!

Debbie Petras said...

What a perfect verse for me this morning! Thank you Debra for posting this particular one. You can't know how it blessed me. Hugs to you, my friend.

LAURIE said...

Love that scripture! Oh there is nothing like the rock...reminds me of the song "rock of ages". We haven't sang that one in a long while...thanks for the encouragament, Laurie

Speaking from the Heart said...

I am so thankful knowing that Jesus is my rock, a firm foundation that is unsinkable.

Kelly said...

Thanks for that!! Have a great rest of the week!!

Blog is no more said...

"Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I", what great encouragement!! A Rock is a strong tower, unmovable, steady and strong, just like our Savior!

Blessing to you!!

God's Girl said...

Oh we sing a song from this verse. Thanks for sharing. Now, I probably will be singing this song today : ) a good one to start the day!

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

Beautiful picture and I love that scripture. So glad He is my rock today and forever!
Love,
Mimi

Kristi said...

One of my favorite verses in this season that we are in. I love the visual with the verse. Blessings to you today!

Christina said...

Pretty picture. Great verse for the New Year.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh this was beautiful. Thanks for the blessing and the hug. And thanks for reminding me.
Hugs to you.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

:)

Unknown said...

It's comforting to know God is higher than we are and that he is sovereign. This is a great comforting scripture.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen my friend! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing today!

Laurie Ann said...

Rejoicing in God my Rock! Beautiful picture; beautiful verse. Happy WFW!

bp said...

What a wonderful verse!

Hope you are having a blessed week.

Beth in NC said...

That is beautiful sweet Debra! And thank you for your precious comments on my blog.

Love!
b

Tammy said...

Oh I love that verse - I am not sure if I have ever read it before. Beautiful!

Denise said...

Very inspiring.

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?