Friday, November 7, 2008

15 Things

Laurie Ann, from A Magnolia's Heart Beats, has tagged me. This tag is 15 Things I'm not afraid to admit.





15 Things I'm Not Afraid to Admit

1. I'm unashamedly in love with Jesus!


2. I believe that love always yields. Always.


3. Although I would love to be Betty Crocker, I'm a terrible cook!


4. I love going to Tennessee for Christmas. I love the cabin, the atmosphere, the people, the quiet.


5. Until I saw my daughter, I never truly felt loved.


6. I love Starbucks!


7. My son makes me smile more than laughing gas!


8. I did not want to start blogging because I was afraid of the internet. Now I feel more secure and I love the blogging community that I've become a part of.


9. I used to be a 911 dispatcher but one night after talking a teen out of committing suicide I requested a transfer. I never wanted to be in that position again. It devastated me.


10. My husband is my best friend :)


11. I used to be a people pleaser but figured out being a Jesus pleaser was a much better way to go. Lost a lot of friends but gained a Better One and a lot more peace.


12. I did not want to homeschool my son but now find it to be one of the biggest blessings in my life.


13. I am a very organized person.


14. I'm cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for my family this year! I'm so over my head but I'm prayerful and determined...and the Lord has sent me a helper!


15. My roots are showing...they're at least 2 inches long but I can't quit blogging long enough to get to the hair stylist! My mother will be so aghast at my hair at Thanksgiving if I don't get off this computer!

Now I'm supposed to tag other fellow bloggers to get to know more about and I tag these:

Mimi @ He & Me + 3

Kelly @ Our Family Ramblings

Tarah @ Eyeglasses & Endzones

April @ Straight From the Heart

Debbie @ Heart Choices

Stacey @ McCrakensx4

Ok, I would like to get to know these ladies better. Daphine, I would have picked you too, but I see Shortybear picked ya so I will get to read it from that tag so I'm still a happy camper! Love to all!

25 comments:

sailorcross said...

What a beautiful, honest list!! And you know what--my roots were showing until two days ago!!

And even though you say you are a terrible cook, Thanksgiving will be fine!! Turkeys tend to cook themselves for some reason.

And Jesus is my best friend, too!! I wish I hadn't taken so long to discover that!! But, God, patient as He is, waited and waited until the timing was just right!!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!!

Beth

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

Betty Crocker I am not either! Your list was great! If you color your own hair like I do...you can blog while the color sets. LOL! I am organized too. I love it!
Love,
Mimi

Patti said...

I'm with you on SO many of those things. I especially think about being a people pleaser. I, too, used to be one. Had to have everyone like me, had to be the most popular, had to be the life of the party. Always trying to jump through hoops to get people's approval. Sad part is, you can never jump high enough to please all the people all the time. It's a futile thing, and Jesus freed me from that bondage. All I can say is Thank you, Lord.

I wish I was going to Tennessee for the holidays. Tennessee (Eastern) is my favorite place in this whole country. We wanted to live in Gatlinburg or Johnson City or even Knoxville, but it never worked out. My fondest vacation was the one we took to TN/NC in 1998.

Have a wonderful Saturday,
Patti

luvmy4sons said...

I loved reading these interesting tidbits about you!

Edie said...

I really enjoyed reading this. I have a hard time getting off the computer too. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love me some starbucks too. Although right now it has to be decaf. Ugh.
Loved your list!
Blessings!

bp said...

Number 3 was cute!

I've never done Thanksgiving dinner. I always wonder if I really could do it myself. My Mom always does the turkey and dressing.

Melanie said...

Hey, Debra! Loved ready your list!

Daphine said...

You are truly one of the most honest people I have met here in blogland! Loved this list! And thank you for even considering me for this tag. That alone means alot. I will be posting mine soon.

I was laughing out loud on #15. Dirk even asked me what was so funny? I think we're all obsessed with blogging right now. We (women) ALWAYS have a lot to talk about though!

I truly loved reading this. Now I need to log off and get my grocery shopping done.

Blessings friend!

Debbie Petras said...

I loved learning more about you and feel honored that you tagged me. I wasn't exactly sure what that was at first. I tend to let my roots grow before getting my highlights done too. I love Starbucks and used to be a people pleaser. And best of all, I also love the Lord.

I posted my list too. Thank you.

Jenn said...

Love your list! We have several things in common...

Hope you are having a blessed weekend.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Hmm I'm starting to think I was a bit more revealing with my 15 lol. I really need to set boundaries lol. Oh well. This is me! Girlfriend you know I'll help you through Thanksgiving and as soon as I find out a date about my brother coming over I'll let you know okay?
Hugs my friend.

Denise said...

I enjoyed learning more about you.

Speaking from the Heart said...

You are too funny. I am still laughing about your 2 inch roots. My list of fifteen things is up also.

April said...

Hey Debra,

Thanks so much for tagging me and I'll try to get to it, sooner or later. I love all of your answers. I, too, love going to Tennessee for Christmas. We've done it once before and had the best time!! I'm, also, cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year...my first time in 17 years of marriage! May the Good Lord be with us both...and our families! :)

Have a great rest of the weekend and thank you so much for your encouraging words these past couple of days. I'll try to e-mail you soon!

Mozi Esme said...

Love this list - especially #1 & 2!

Sunny Shell said...

Wow Debra! Thank you so much for sharing! Great to get to know you better! I can't imagine being a 911 Dispatcher. I don't think I'd be very good at it.

I'm so glad you get so much joy out of homeschooling your son! What a blessing!

Bless you dear sister,
Sunny

Karen M said...

That's a great list! I liked getting to know you a bit more. It is so nice to meet so many people who are so completely sold out to serving Jesus. He is our only reason for living.

I know what you mean about being addicted to blogging too.

Meg Wolff said...

Hi Debra,
I came over from Debbie in AZ blog. Honesty is so attractive!! I've never been to TN, but it sounds nice. It also seems much nicer to have your Mom do your hair, don't you think? Wonderful that your husband is your best friend, you ARE blessed!

Kelly said...

Thanks for tagging me! I will do it when I get a free minute (or can think of 15 things!) I will, I will!! :o) I am in ... Winter Garden :o) We may have passed each other in the grocery store or on Highway 50! Weird!! :o) I am in Lake co. all the time, cuz I have family over there!
Have a great week!!

Beth Cotell said...

I love your number 11! Great list!

More Than Words said...

Hi there!! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! We have a few things in common! I love Starbucks too, and I'm so with you on #11!!!! I'm going to start following your blog since I know we can relate on so many levels..lol!

Tracy said...

Wow, Debra...what a list! I love your honest heart, that absolutely radiates God's love. So happy you conquered your fear of the internet and started blogging. (We would have missed quite a blessing!) Sounds like God certainly equipped you that night on that 911 call. I can't imagine that kind of pressure, and can see why you asked to be transferred. Don't worry about Thanksgiving. If you keep your sense of humor about you (which I suspect you will), it will be just fine. = )

Blessings sweet one!
Tracy

P.S. A cabin in Tennessee for Christmas sounds just amazing.

Laurie Ann said...

I so loved getting to know you better. Oh, we share so much in common! And my roots are showing, too.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Loved this. I'm a terrible cook too. I am in love with Jesus. I love Starbucks. My kids make me laugh and smile.

Great fun to read your list!

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?