Sunday, November 16, 2008

Miracle Monday

My friend, Beth, hosts Miracle Monday. I can think of no greater miracle than the gift of salvation and a heart surrendering to the Lord. Today, I would like to tell you of one that hits very close to home.

Allow me to introduce to you, my sister-in-law, Holly. She is now my sister in Christ. Holly surrendered her life to the Lord last week. Praise the Lord!!
I would like to tell you about Holly. She is Jason's twin sister. This particular picture was taken when she was 19 and still aspiring to be a model. That career never really took off for her and she pursued it up until a few years ago.


Sisters, I am going to try and do this miracle the justice it deserves. I am struggling, to be honest. I wish I could tell you that Holly and I have had a good relationship, but that would be less than truthful and the real truth is the day I entered into Jason's life, the twin in Holly disliked me immensely and all the love I gave her to try and change that over the years was never received or returned.

I've written this post twice and erased it because I felt like it was a record of wrongs so hopefully I'll get it right this time. I want to focus on the truth of Holly being a new creature in Christ. God's Word declares it!

Jason has spoken to her and says he can hear the peace in her voice. She has told him of how she heard the testimony of a lady that went to Calvary Chapel in Orlando when she came up to put on her permanent makeup and whatever that lady had..she knew she wanted it.

So she went to church with Candy and Brian and after talking with Brian some and reading her Bible, she prayed and asked the Lord into her heart. She said she could not believe the peace she felt. She also told Jay that she felt like she had been missing out on her life with her family.

What a start! Only Jesus can change the heart and only Jesus could have brought her to this place. We sit in amazement. When we thought she was so lost, He was working. When we had shared and shared and shared and ran into brick walls, He was moving her toward a person that would grab ahold of her heart and it would penetrate through her walls she had built!

He is so faithful and we are thrilled that Holly is now joining us for eternity with our Lord. However, we are starting with Thanksgiving and are hopeful for this new beginning!

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

Blessings to you!






29 comments:

Blog is no more said...

One day at a time. Prayers for you all!

The Equipped Life said...

One plants the seed, another waters and GOD gives the increase.

Praise the Lord for another saved soul.

He & Me + 3 said...

I have extreme goosebumps right now. Oh, how heaven is rejoicing for Holly! That is a true Miracle.
xoxo,
Mimi

Sheryl said...

oh, how great is that! cannot wait to hear how God works in all of your lives through this. thanks for sharing this - you're right, there is no greater miracle.

~sheryl

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great story!

I have a sister that I have been praying for for a long time. Thanks for the reminder to never give up!

Have a great weekend, my friend! Oops, that should say week! Too bad we can't have another weekend!

Speaking from the Heart said...

Prayers never go unanswered. It is always in HIS timimg, and not ours.

McCrakensx4 said...

What a great thing! I will pray for your fam and Holly and Praise be to God, for He is good all the time. ((hugs)) Stacey

More Than Words said...

That is soooooooooo awesome!!! I've been praying for my sister in law to come to the Lord too!! I'll be praying for your relationship w/ her too. I can imagine the enemy will be trying to do anything he can to keep a stronghold on her!

Do you go to a Calvary Chapel??? We do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daphine said...

What a sweet and beautiful miracle! One thing that we can never forget is that our God is in the Miracle Making business. You wrote this so beautifully Debra! As always, thanks for being you...being honest and so transparent with your life.

God's continued blessings upon you friend!

Denise said...

Praise God for this wonderful news my friend.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Amazing story,we all have our issues but God has the plan! And sometimes when you are down, he knows just when to pop some great news! Excellent post! I love hearing about another child joining us in Heaven! Congrats Holly

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Woot!Woot! Did you hear the Angels rejoicing? I LOVE it! I get so excited when another soul is saved!
Hug her for me my friend.
Hugs.
Kim

Davisix said...

I, like Mimi, am all goosebumpy! I am so happy for Holly...heaven is indeed rejoicing.

Thank you for the bloggy (((hugs))). I so felt them. :)

Ang

April said...

What a great testimony to what FAITH in GOD can do!! Praise be!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful news, Debra!!

Be sure to hop on over today! It's my 100th post giveaway!! Sending blessings your way...as you always do for me!

Unknown said...

Debra,

I'm praying for Holly.

Praying for your time together as a family next week and rejoicing that as a new creation her heart will be bringing our Lord along with her!

Many hugs sweet friend. Trust in His working and the fruit He will bear not what she has done.

Love you,
Jill

bp said...

This is a wonderful story to share on Miracle Monday. I'll be praying for the relationship with the family to grow as well as her relationship with Jesus. Praise the Lord for His peace!

Patti said...

Rejoicing with Holly on her new life in Jesus!! And rejoicing with you and Jason on your new
forever family member.

Love in Christ,
Patti

Beth Cotell said...

What a wonderful miracle! I'm so glad Holly has accepted Jesus into her heart. All of your prayers were heard and now answered!

luvmy4sons said...

Praise God. Thanks for sharing His mercy and grace with us!

Laurie Ann said...

Oh how precious to have a new sister in Christ! I'm praying for restoration in the relationship ya'll have now. Such potential!

Staci Loalbo said...

blessings to you and your family..i will pray that the two of you can be reconciled.

staci :)

Mikki said...

How wonderful!!! The angels are rejoicing with you over a lost sheep returning home!!
So happy for you!

Kathie said...

Isn't God amazing!? So often we think we are just wasting our time telling people about Christ and the salvation He offers, especially when we see no results. But what was important was the seed we planted. Some are slower to sprout than others. How wonderful that Holly sprouted and now knows the peace that only salvation can bring. And how wonderful that she now wants to get to know her family.
Blessings from Costa Rica

Leaon Mary said...

I'm REJOICING in my NEW SISTER IN CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS!
I SHARE YOUR JOY DEBRA!
Holykisses,
Lea

Edie said...

Yay and Amen! I love this Debra. It is always such and encouragement to see a stubborn heart turn to the Lord. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Love that we all have another sweet soul joining us one day in heaven!

God hears our prayers and answers them in His timing, His way!

Thankful for this post. There's nothing better than this. God won the battle for her heart..

Kelly said...

Deb, I'm still amazed! I'm so happy for her and for you and Jay! I'll be for you guys for thanksgiving.

Sunny Shell said...

WAHOO!!!!!!! Gooooo JESUS!!!!

"When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying,'Who then can be saved?' But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' " ~ Matthew 19:25-26

I'm rejoicing in the Lord with you sister for the birth of our sister Holly! Thank YOU JESUS!!!

And thank you sister Debra for sharing this good news in Christ with us so we can rejoice with you and all the angels in Heaven!

Love you sweet sister Debra,
Sunny

Debbie Petras said...

I am thrilled to hear the news about Holly; a new sister in Christ. What a miracle and I rejoice with you! It gives me hope for my family members who have not yet come to this point.

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?