Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Surgery Update

First, thank you, Jesus, for getting my beloved through this procedure safely.

Next, thank you, all of you, who prayed for him. We both appreciate it so much. And we needed it. Jason had a difficult time with dizziness and bouts of nausea and we were not able to leave, as originally planned, directly after the surgery.

This was a delicate procedure. He had a cyst on his epididimis (I'll let each of you look it up and cringe in private) that had to come out. Truly, he is in a lot of pain.

He is finally resting, though, and I am grateful to hear him snoring. It has been a long day. I'm a tired but sincerely grateful wife.

***When I came in the room after his surgery, everyone said "there's his Peach"......and he said very groggily "yes, she's my peach..isn't she beautiful?". I'm sure it was the anesthesia but it made me want to cry.




30 comments:

Marsha said...

what a wonderful report! I'm so glad it went well. I'll continue to pray for his recovery.

Blessings to you my friend.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Hey there,

You guys have been on my mind and in my prayers today. So thankful for a good report. I didn't have to look it up, because you know I sell houses!

Love,
Cheryl

Sheryl said...

glad it went well. how sweet that in his "grogginess" he was blessing you!! thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement.

~sheryl

Debbie Petras said...

Oh how sweet, you're his special peach! That is too cute. So glad you got your honey home. It's probably a relief to hear his snoring too.

Thanks for the special award you left me yesterday. I'm honored and thankful for you. I'll be posting.

Denise said...

Praise God for watching over your beloved. I pray for his continued recovery

Mikki said...

So glad everything went ok.

When my DH woke up after having his knee replaced his was all lovey dovey like that.

He also got VERY Bold and talked to his Catholic mom about being reborn in Christ.

He remembers all of it though ;-)

More Than Words said...

Awww!! I'm glad he's able to rest! I'm going to google that word!!

I'll be praying for a quick recovery for your sweetie!!!

((HUGS))

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh, how sweet. I remember waking up from surgery. All I wanted was my husband and I couldn't communicate that. Very frustrating!

I am glad you guys are home. I hope he gets well soon.

Take care, my friend!

JMBMOMMY said...

Wishing a speedy recovery! And some rest for you. Sweet moments--thanks for sharing.

McCrakensx4 said...

I am so glad that all is well. I know that you will take good care of him! Prayers for a speedy recovery. and ((hugs)) to you.

LAURIE said...

I'm glad to hear that things went well with his surgery. What a wonderful TT post and I am sure that he is most grateful for a loving, caring wife as you. Happy TT!- Laurie

Jenn said...

Praying for you both. So glad all is well.

Hey, I just created a photo of my daughter holding my hand, that had an almost similar idea to the one you have posted here...

I posted mine before I saw yours...so sweet that we both had the same thought in mind of holding our loved one's hand.

Blessings! jenn

Leaon Mary said...

So happy everything went well Debra!
Hope he starts feeling better and better and will soon be free from any pain.
Lea

Speaking from the Heart said...

Debra,

Praise God, everything went well. I hope you are getting some rest after such a long day.

Love ya,

Jean

Daphine said...

Praise God for a great report! So glad that it went well and that the surgery is over. Still praying for you both tonight.

Blessings to you!

Edie said...

I'm so glad he's doing well. Aw, how sweet his remark about you being his beautiful peach.

luvmy4sons said...

Ouch. Being a nurse I didn't need to look it up! What a sweetie...Praying for a quick and full recovery!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am glad to hear that he is doing better now and snoring away. How sweet is that? His peach...AWWWW!

Unknown said...

You are a peach!

How precious to be called such even in the midst of pain and yuckiness!

Praising God the surgery went well and Jason is resting at home.

Praying for his healing and rest for both of you! Praying for strength and all of your needs in the coming days!

Grateful with you Debra!
Love and blessings today!
Jill

April said...

I am so glad your hubby made it through surgery and he's on his way to recovery! I hope his pain subsides soon! I'll continue to lift him up in prayer.

What a sweet comment he made about you! I would have boo-hooed like a baby! ;)

Have a wonderful Thursday, Debra!!!

bp said...

I'm glad to hear the good report. I hope he has a smooth recovery.

Beth Cotell said...

So glad things went well. Will continue to pray....

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that he is doing well!
Prayers for a full recovery.

Patti said...

I'm so glad surgery went well. Hope he'll be back to full strength very quickly.

We're in somewhat the same boat, only I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you, and it's my son, not my husband. Nor is it the same location. My son had a cyst removed from the base of his tailbone...a result of a tailbone injury he suffered awhile back. The cyst was pretty big, and he is, even now, still recovering. Because of where it was, sitting is pretty difficult for him. But it is such a privilege to care for our loved ones when they are hurting.

Send get well wishes to your hubby from this bloggy friend.

Blessings on your day,
Patti

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh I'm so glad everything went well! I bet you are a peach my friend. I do hope he recovers soon. We'll be praying for quick recovery.
Hugs to you.
Kim

Michele Williams said...

Great news! I will continue to pray for his recovery. bless you my friend.

Stop by my blog and pick up some awards!

The Equipped Life said...

A great report! Praying for a speedy recovery.

I want you to know that you have been tagged. Please visit my blog to see the details.

Karen M said...

I'm glad he is doing well now. Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery.

Mozi Esme said...

That sounds painful! But I love that compliment!

Lisa said...

Glad to hear of his recovery, PTL

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?