Monday, November 10, 2008

Thank You, April

My new, sweet, bloggy friend, April, has awarded me with the Marie Antoinette ~ A Real Person Award. April continually opens her heart and her home to us in the blogosphere so this is an honor coming from her.

The rules for this award want you to reflect who awarded it to you, display the icon, and pass it along to seven (7) other bloggers.
I pass this award along to the following bloggy friends:

Patti @ Fill Me With Beauty

Edie @ Rich Gifts

Lea @ Shabby Old Potting Shed

Cheryl @ Hope For Each Day

Kelly @ The Greatest of These is Love

Mimi @ He & Me + 3

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart

Kathy @ Blessed Beyond Imagination

Tarah @ Eyeglasses & Endzones

Bethany @ Raindrops & Rainbows

Stephanie @ My Sacrifice of Praise

Ok, apparently, I can't count. You know, I have a difficult time not including so many others that I feel worthy of this. But I do have another award to hand out on Wednesday so that will have to soothe my frayed feeling geiger thing I have going on about these things.

Blessings to you all ~ you know, I love you and think the things you write about on your blog are as real as it gets!



20 comments:

April said...

Hi Debra!

So glad you enjoyed your award and thanks so much for all your kind words. I've really liked getting to know you better...hope it continues!

Blessings to you, as well, my dear friend!

bp said...

Oh Debra, you're so sweet! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I appreciate getting to know you and the example of Jesus you are as a wife and mother.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great award! Congrats, Debra, you deserve it!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Debra,

Thank you for thinking of me and passing this award on to me. I am so thankful we met in this land of blog!

You always make me smile and keep me on my toes. You are as real as real can be.

Love ya,
Cheryl

Denise said...

Congrats sweetie, love you.

McCrakensx4 said...

Congrats on your award. You are such a blessing; I always look forward to reading your blogs!
~Stacey

Edie said...

Hi Debra! Thanks so much for the award. That is very sweet of you.

More Than Words said...

You go girl!!! I really enjoy your blog as much as everyone else!!! Enjoy your award!!

Daphine said...

Congrats on your award! It's much deserved friend!

LAURIE said...

Congrats! on your award. Always enjoy visiting your blog. -Laurie

Speaking from the Heart said...

Debra,

Congratulations on the award. There's nothing artificial about you. You're 100% filled with love and forgiveness. I am blessed to have you as a friend.

Jean

LauraLee Shaw said...

Hey sweet lady, I was going to email you with the links you requested, but I can't find anywhere to email you. LOL. Anyway, here are the links, and of course you are free to forward them or print them. I think there is even a place to do that on the bottom of the post if you like. I wasn't sure which Purity piece you wanted, but here are the links to both of them.

http://lovinthearts.blogspot.com/2008/09/purity-testedat-well.html

http://lovinthearts.blogspot.com/2008/09/hotel-doors.html

I hope and pray it ministers to someone who needs it. Much love, LauraLee

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Debra,
Congratulations on your AWARD! I think you above all deserve such an award! You are such a REAL INSPIRING WOMAN OF GOD!
And I can't believe you picked me. ~ It's funny to me in a way because I've been doing the bible study over at Write from the Heart with Lelia Chealey, and it's TEACHING us to be REAL AND TRANSPARENT AND ... it's been so hard for me to just let my guard down... and dig deep;... ya know the truth hurts sometimes! LOL Anyhow,... God bless YOU my friend... and SOLI DEO GLORIA!! To GOD THE GLORY ALONE!!!!
SMOOCHY HOLY KISSES
FOR REAL! HAA
Lea

Jennsmere said...

Hi Debra...congrats on the award! You always have such a kind spirit in the things that you say. I enjoy your posts so very much!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

It's all a lie! Not a word of it is true lol. Just kidding. So you see right through me huh? Dang it! LOL. I was trying so hard to be mysterious lol. Thanks for the award my friend.
Love you!
Hugs.

luvmy4sons said...

Congrats girl!

Speaking from the Heart said...

Debra,

Another award, Amish Friendship Bread Award, is coming. Please come by get your award.

Jean

Patti said...

Thank you SO much for this award. Based on its name, I assume it means that you see me as real...not something I'm not...not a phony. You have no idea how much such an award means to me, for I DO try to come across as real these days. I spent YEARS on the track of being a people pleaser and living by a rigid code of legalism. I conformed to all the rules that people thought I should, and I never let it appear that I wasn't that person. The first time I realized I was doing this was about 3 years ago. I was going to pick up some kids from our (then) church, and as we approached the people's home, I realized I had better turn off my radio. I had on a contemporary Christian station, and I knew that was frowned upon by these people. I had never let on to them that I did listen to that kind of music sometimes. So, I turned off my radio so as to appear to be something that I wasn't. And now I readily admit to you that I don't even listen to just contemporary Christian music. I listen to Frank Sinatra ALOT (he's my favorite), and the Big Band sound of Glenn Miller, and Josh Groban. Formerly, also, I wouldn't have admitted that I read Country magazine...because it's not a "Christian" magazine. I had so put myself into the box of the perfect little Christian who only did "Christian" things.

And on and on it goes. I lived a sanctimonious "Christian" life...but it was done to please people and to conform to what they thought I should be doing. So, an award such as the Marie Antoinette, Real Person Award shows me that I really have made progress in putting the legalistic, people-pleasing days behind me.

Not sure if I'll be able to put the icon on my site. we have SO much blocked on our computer, but I will try. (Who am I kidding? I will have my daughter try!)

Thanks again. I've so enjoyed getting to know you.

Blessings,
Patti

Sunny Shell said...

Congratulations precious sister Debra! I completely agree with our sister who awarded this to you....soooo much so, I gave you an award too!!! HA! So, please stop by and pick up the award I have for you!

You're a precious sister and it's obvious we all love you!

Bless you!
Sunny

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

Thank you so much! I love this award! Just B-U-TIFUL!
XO,
Mimi

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?