Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today we give thanks! And I am very thankful, indeed! I am thankful for my Lord Jesus, who still sits on the Throne. I am thankful He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. (Rev 22:13)

I am thankful for my husband, who made it safely on his business trip.

I am thankful that my son, while having his personal devotions, heard from the Lord that he was to do the team's devotional and he stepped out of his comfort zone in public speaking and was obedient. The coaches and team were blessed by the Word in Ephesians 4:1-3 where Paul exhorts us to "walk worthy".

I am thankful for friends who stopped by to check on me while I was down with a migraine. Truly, the blog community is a great support!

For more Thankful Thursdays, join Iris.

Psalm 117 "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, And the truth of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord!



31 comments:

Denise said...

Glad your husband made it safely. Very proud of Joshua, and so glad you are feeling better. I love you.

Melanie said...

Oh, I bet you are so proud of your son.. that is just great, Debra!

Peggy said...

Blessings Debra...I'm thankful that you are better & walk in that health.
You have exalted Him as the Beginning & the End...and He has shown Himself to be just that...He watches over your husband and leads your son forward in boldness & bestowed us with friends that care, share & pray!
What more could we ask for? So let us praise Him, delight in Him, thank Him for His mercies & kindness, as His truth endures forever! For His love endures forever! For He is the King seated in High places, in control today, tomorrow and forever. Bless you & your TT & the rest of your week!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Hey lady! I am so thankful that God never changes! That is so exciting about your son. Today while we were praying, mine prayed for our new president. I had not prompted or encouraged. Out of the mouths of babes, He has ordained praise. It is so true! Have a great Thursday!

Cheryl said...

I love your page! You have a great post today. Happy Thankful Thursday~

i said...

Glad to hear your husband had a safe journey. Happy to hear about your son too. God is good! Remain blessed!

LAURIE said...

Wow, A great list of thanks this week. God was amidst all of you this week. Happy TT! -Blessings, Laurie

Unknown said...

Debra Kay,

So very nice to meet you and visit your place this TT.

I loved reading and being part of your week. Have a wonderful day tomorrow. Hugs

Speaking from the Heart said...

Debra,

Praise the LORD that your headache has passed , your husband is safely home, and Joshua spreading the Good News. Finally, I am thankful for our friendship.

Michele Williams said...

Bless you my friend. I'm glad you are feeling better. What a great son!

Daphine said...

Glad to hear hubby made it safely. What a blessing for your son to step out of his comfort zone and be used by God. Just awesome! Loved this!

I totall agree...the blog community is a great support!

Be blessed!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Great Thankful Thursday! Love that Joshua stepped out of his comfort zone. You guys are showing him the right paths.

Love ya,

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

What I wonderful list. I especially enjoy when people mention they are thankful for their families.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Hello my friend. It sounds like the end of your week is a lot better than the beginning. I'm glad all is well. Hugs to you today my friend.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great Thankful list! Your son is such an inspiration...that is awesome! Glad you are feeling better friend. I have really been missing you!
Love,
Mimi

Unknown said...

Sweet Debra,

Praising God your migraine is gone.

How great is our God that brought Joshua to the place of boldness!!!

Praising God that your husband is home safe and you are all together once more!

Lots of love today!
Jill

luvmy4sons said...

What a blessing it is to see our children walking with the Lord! Glad you are feeling better.

April said...

Hi Debra,

I love it when you share what you're thankful for...makes me think about all of my blessings.

You've won an award!! Hope over to my blog and check it out! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your thankful list and how completely awesome that your son stepped out of his comfort zone to do the will of the Father. I'm 45 years old and still have a hard time doing that sometimes!

McCrakensx4 said...

How awesome for Josh! Glad that you are feeling better and that hubby is safe. Have a great day.
((hugs)) Stacey

Patti said...

I'm glad you're back to posting again. Migraines are such horrible things. I used to suffer from them alot, but now only get them occasionally. I know, they really incapacitate you. So glad you're better.

Blessings upon your day,
Patti

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That is awesome!!! I am so glad that your hubby made it and that your son is taking that step of faith. I am amazed that young people can hear God and follow his instruction. Way to go!

bp said...

I enjoy reading how God is using your son and the way he lets his light shine.

Hope you are feeling better. God bless you, friend.

Debbie Petras said...

I'm so glad your migraine is gone and that you're back to blogging. You're obviously teaching your son well. It's great to see the fruit. I'm also glad that you have a loving and supportive family. God bless you, Debra.

Laurie Ann said...

Awesome list of blessings, Debra! I'm rejoicing with you. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful new look on your blog! Thankful for your post! Blessings!

Mozi Esme said...

I love your thankful lists! So great about Joshua! And I hope you are feeling much better by now...

Bogie said...

It's really good to thank God for our family. God bless you and your family!

Rocks said...

Thank you for the prayers and for the encouragement :)

Anonymous said...

sure glad your hubby made it safely. stepping out in faith, you're so blessed to have a family like that. you must be proud. God bless you, debra. ♥

Marsha said...

Wow!! How awesome is that! What a great son. You are a blessed woman.

Have a blessed weekend.

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?