Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blue Monday

Happy Monday! I'm linking up with Smiling Sally today for Blue Monday. Splashing some blue your way. And you guys know me ... it's usually about the blue sky or the blue water...and today is no exception.


Friday was a rare day for us. Joshua did not have to work....so we decided to run to the beach! We used to live on the beach and decided that we would have a sandy toes day and maybe grab some fish tacos and just enjoy being together with our young man who we only have at home for one more year. That was the plan..........sigh.

Somewhere in there I decided to go to the west coast to avoid spring breakers...bad idea. We ended up in the car for a long period of time (1 hr 40 minutes)...and wound up on this little strip of a beach which was way over blown and cold and had a power plant on it. Oh my!


This is Josh and I being bbbbllllooooowwwwwnnnn away by the gusts of wind! I got a smile out of him even though he was beginning to understand that fish tacos were not going to be served up.



There was the tiniest bit of blue.....but it was there!



Mchubby trying to get to the center of the tootsie pop and make the best of it. We laughed a lot on the way home about me making a blog post out of the adventure and how next time we were definitely going to the east coast.

May the Lord bless you today! Even in blustery weather, the ocean is a magnificent thing and it amazes me how He spoke it into existence!




27 comments:

Grammy said...

Oh it is awesome just to get to go to the beach. I love your photos. And glad you made the best of it.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

Debbie Petras said...

It certainly looks windy in the photos. But the ocean sounds nice to me right now. I love to hear the sound of the surf and to smell salt water. Hugs to you Debra.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day even tho the weather was not that great! And it is really hard to smile when the wind is blowing isn't it?

More Than Words said...

Hi Debra! Wow, I think it still looks beautiful there! Plus, it looks like the beach was so vacant!!!

There's just something so relaxing about hearing the waves crash on the beach.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I second that east coast vote! Cause then you can come see us!
Big Tootsie roll hugs to you.
Kim

April said...

Gorgeous photos of you and your awesome family! I'm tellin' ya...you always put a smile on my face...every.single.time! It's so easy to see how much you all love each other and it's completely infectious!

It does make your heart skip a beat to think that your son will be off to start his own life in just a year. Same with Brittany and I, often, have to fight back the tears just thinking about it! We'll definitely have to support each other through the transition. Why do they have to grow up? :)

Have a blessed Blue Monday, Debra! I'd give anything to live close to the ocean!

Unknown said...

AMEN! Oh how I am in awe that He spoke it to be - like the moon and sun!

May you have a blessed week Debra!

Love and hugs,
Jill

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Nice shades of blue. How fortunate you are to live within driving distance to such beauty!

Have a good Monday☺

SmilingSally said...

At least there were no spring breakers around and you had fun. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Michele Williams said...

We love the beach/ocean too... but don't get a chance to enjoy it much since we live in the desert! Thanks for the pics... they are great! Lets see... in 6 hours I could be in San Diego, CA.... if only......

Blessings my dear friend...

Tink *~*~* said...

Loved your blue beach adventure! :)

Tink *~*~*
Colorful birds from Orlando, Florida

luvmy4sons said...

Happy Monday to you. Hope you have a good week. Always enjoy your blue Monday pictures!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Looks like you guys had a great day despite the weather! Hope you have a great week too my friend! Take care!

Kristi said...

We love the beach...even a cold, windy beach is better than none. We will get to visit our favorite beach in June and I can hardly wait. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. Blessings to yoU!

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

You are so funny. Your family is always having such a good time together and the smiles are to die for. Beautiful!
Can't wait to see pictures from the East coast:)

bp said...

I enjoyed your photos. I think about things like that too of how I'll make a blog post out of the adventure! I've never had fish tacos!

MOMSWEB said...

Beautiful shades of blue! You're brave to go to the beach already. I need summer and temps above 80 with NO WIND!

Alleluiabelle said...

Happy Monday to you Debra! I loved the pictures. I've never been to the ocean, but someday I hope to go...so...I got to see it from your pictures today. Yeah!

Blessings to your dear friend,
Alleluiabelle

Laurie Ann said...

I'm so glad ya'll got to do this and really enjoyed the pics. What in the world are fish tacos?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

East Coast and Gulf Coast... I love them both in Florida! I grew up going to the Gulf, but I have grown to love the Atlantic just as much. Aren't we blessed to be here? And yes, God is truly amazing!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sweetie said...

Lovely pictures. It's wonderful seeing a family playing together.
Sweetie

Denise said...

Awesome pictures sweetie.

Darlene said...

Any day at the beach is a fantastic day in my book! Fish tacos??? I have not heard of this before!! Is it really good???
Looks like your family had a wonderful time....love the pictures!!

CC said...

Any part of a beach and blue sky would be wonderful to me..I live in texas..far from a beach. Happy belated Blue Monday and have a lovely week.

Daphine said...

Awesome pictures as usual! You are so close with you hubby and son. Your photos always bring me joy! Seriously, they really do!

Blessings!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh, how I would love to go to the beach! It was really windy here these past few days too! Glad you were able to spend some quality time with Josh!

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?