Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday! I would like to thank our host, Lynn @ Spiritually Unequal Marriage for linking us up today. This time of fellowship together is such a time of encouragement!



I am thankful today for the gift of laughter! Last week there were many tears in my life and those who were around me and this week the Lord has blessed me with surrounding me with laughter. I'm grateful for the sound of it and for those who brought it to me. It was much needed! Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart doth good like medicine"


I am thankful for the peace found in God's Word. I was reading this Psalm and it washed peace over me. I've been having trouble on the new heart medication. As I consider what options I have, I have this Word from the Lord: Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: Be of good courage. And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord"

I am thankful for my son's change of attitude in a decision for the branch of the military in which he wants to serve. He has been steadfast in a decision regarding serving his country as a Marine upon graduation. We have been praying with him regarding this decision and coming alonside of him with counsel. Last night as I sat with him and went over each branch and each job classification and prayed for wisdom and direction...there was an interest shown in the Air Force, which I am so grateful for, because I do see this as a better fit for him. He has submitted information to the recruiter and we will continue to be diligent in prayer for him. Proverbs 13:1 "A wise son heeds his father's instruction"

Happy Thursday to you, my friends. May the Lord bless you!

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debra,

Girl laughter and wisdom... Neat post and I loved the scripture verses.

I know a lot of Air Force guys.. Hope that is a fit for your son. Hugs. Happy TT.

More Than Words said...

Wonderful post, Debra!! Such simple things to be thankful for! It's great to get a persepective on things!! And wow..your son has such a good head on his shoulders!

Oh..and I've never seen a picture of your daughter till now! She's beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Wishing you a very blessed Thursday filled with more joy and laughter as you wait upon the LORD! I read Psalm 27 a few times this week and was encouraged as well!

Praying for Josh and his decision after graduation! Praying for your Mom's heart as you prepare for his departure into God's ARMY!

Love and hugs,
Jill

Sweet Blessings said...

The Lord knows what you need and I'm thankful you are able to laugh. What wisdom you showed with helping your son! I pray your heart medication is the right one! Happy Thursday! Amanda:)

Pia said...

we always will have good result when we wait upon the Lord. He has His perfect timing. and you are a living proof of that... you are one who inspires me. blessings to you, debra.

Mozi Esme said...

Love the thanks in the midst of the sadness! Prayers said for your son and his decision...

luvmy4sons said...

Yea for the Air Force! My dad served in the Air force. He too said that my son who has talked about the Marines would be safer in the Air Force! I am so glad for you!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love laughing my friend and laughing with you yesterday certainly was good medicine! So about your son. Can he wait until He and Kelsey have been married a year to actually go into the service. I don't know if I could handle the loss so quickly! LOL. Are you laughing?
Big Big hugs my friend. I can't wait till Saturday!!!
Kim

April said...

Mornin' Debra!
Yes, laughter is definitely medicine for the soul...I can never get enough of it! I'll say a prayer that you're able to handle your heart meds better. Sorry you're having a hard time adjusting to them. I didn't realize that your son had made the decision to join the service...what an honorable young man you have! I will say a prayer for him, too, that God will give him peace and clarity in the situation.

Love ya, girl!♥

Angela said...

awesome thankful post!! I too wrote I was thankful for God's Word..how precious it is....

God is good..Your post was a blessing to read...

Carol said...

Great things to be thankful and perfect scripture that supports it. I love it. You are a great encourager and I so enjoy your blog.

Blessings to you my bloggy friend.

Carol

Debbie Petras said...

I love how your family prays over every decision. What a great example for others, especially young people. They make decisions that impact their whole lives and many never consult the Lord. I'm thankful for your friendship, Debra.

LAURIE said...

Debra, I am also thankful for laughter! and girl ... I am right there with you about praying for wisdom over a son considering the military. Our son chose the Air Force 3 years ago and today I see it was the BEST decision he ever made! AF is an awesome branch. Happy TT! -blessings, Laurie

Lori said...

Glad your laughing this week...

I'm glad your son is looking at all of the armed forces before he makes a decision that will change his life. I hope which ever branch he decides is the right fit for him.

Denise said...

Such a wonderful list of thankfuls my friend.

He & Me + 3 said...

Debra,

Isn't it awesome to read the scriptures & find confirmation fo things & peace? God is so good.
Praying that your sons decision is the best fit for him.
LOve,
Mimi

Melanie said...

Debra, I am so thankful you've been able to enjoy laughter this week! YEA!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Sit A Spell said...

What a great list of "thankfuls"...laughter is something I keep in my home...even when I feel low...I try to laugh.
God is good and some days I think on that alone and smile.

Patti said...

And won't Josh look handsome in that Air Force Uniform!!

I'm glad this week is filled with laughter. The quote on one of my flip calendars says "Laughter is an instant vacation." I thought that was so true, because laughter takes us away from our trials...even if for only a brief moment.

Blessings, dear friend.

Love,
Patti

Laurie Ann said...

Awesome list of blessings! I truly enjoyed your post and was nodding as I read it. :) Go Air Force! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful, wonderful post today, my sweet friend!

I will pray for wisdom, guidance and direction in your son's career choice. God has the perfect plan for his life. He is an amazing young man that I know you are very proud of.

Happy TT!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh Debra, may He strengthen your heart! And may He work everything out for Josh's future and greater good. I am glad you have had a good week filled with laughter.

Take care my precious friend!

Mikki said...

What a great post!! You write so beautifully and have such a wonderful heart.

Rita T. said...

Great post. The gift of laughter is a great one!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Praise God for all you have to be thankful for! If your son wants to talk to someone about Air Force, my dh has been in for 16 years. Both of our fathers are retired military (Air Force), too. :D

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?