Sunday, September 21, 2008

Angel Food Ministries


  • For other information on Mission 4 Monday posts go see Peggy

I would like to share Angel Food Ministry with those of you who may have a need or know someone who may have a need. This is a food pantry type of ministry. It works like this: You sign up by going onto their website. (The link is below). You find the closest location and their sign up date. You go and sign up and pay $30.00. You must pay cash. They will tell you when to come and pick up your food. It is usually within the following 2 weeks. When you go to pick up your food, it is packaged and ready for you. You will find the volunteers will ask you if you have any needs they can pray for you about and they will pray for you and take the food to the car for you. The food provided is balanced and is specifically designed to feed a family of four for approximately one week.

The volunteers/staff will also allow you to sign up for the following month and ask you if you want to include any extra packages. If you have a larger family, you may want to purchase more. The menu is available on the website, as well.

I pray this information blesses you or anyone you may know that has a need.

Psalm 31:7 "I am overcome with joy because of your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul"




Welcome - Angel Food Ministries

15 comments:

A happy heart at home said...

This ministry sounds like it's a big help to people. Thanks for posting about it. And thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

~Susan

Frizzy said...

As a Social worker this would have been great information to have had. WOW! So powerful and what a blessing to many. Thanks for sharing!

Frizzy said...

FOrgot to say I love the new layout!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Our Former church does this each month and it has really helped the community. It was a good idea to share about it.
Blessings to you!
Kim

luvmy4sons said...

Thank God for ministering angels.

bp said...

I have heard of this ministry. I think it is nice they can provide the food at such a price. I hope it benefits many people.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi I just read your comment to LEA.. I love how you explained talking to the Lord and how He talks with you. Isn't that how we remember our conversations with friends? Loved ones? Of course it is...and He is never distant from us.
You sound like a really special person like her.. loved reading your blog too, hugs Patty

Erica said...

I love the new look and what a great ministry to share about. I will pass the info along. thanks

Marsha said...

I've also heard of this ministry. It's so different from other food banks because they pay something for their goods, plus the meat they get is unbelievable!

Thank you, Debra for featuring this ministry this week.

Nancie said...

Thank you, Debra, for sharing with us this ministry. Surely it is a blessing to many! Like your new look :) Thanks for your encouragements. Take care and have a blessed week!

Peggy said...

Blessings Debra...angel of healing on her wings...or prayers but certainly this ministry.

Welcome to Mission 4 Monday! Thank you so much for understanding that I was not well, and for that reason did not greet you early this day!

Sounds wonderful how this works. I did go to the website and added it to Bookmarks, though it will not help me where I live in Mexico, it certainly could if someone needs a helping hand.

How beautiful are the hands and arms of Jesus, with a willing heart to pray. That certainly is a good deal; basic & spiritual. The website was pretty extensive of services. I pray that if someone is in need that they encounter this info you've shared and linked.
Indeed, this is how to reach people for Christ. Beautiful verse in Psalms.

Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

Thank you for your double encouragement for me!Bless you for sharing a Mission with US all.

Front Porch Legacy said...

What a great ministry! Thanks for dropping by my site today. Our first anniversary was wonderful and our cake was so yummy!

Unknown said...

Wonderful information Debra!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

I believe our church is involved in something very similar to this ministry.

There is nothing greater than our prayers for one another. What a gift to lift each other before our Father!

Thank you for the encouraging words and sharing His love with me!

Jill

Charlotte said...

This sounds like a wonderful ministry. I love the name of it. Thank you for sharing.

He & Me + 3 said...

We have several people from our church that use this service. What a blessing it has been to them. Thanks for sharing! Yes, I had read that Kirk & his wife did the kissing scene in the movie. That is so awesome! I cannot wait to see it! So glad you dropped back by.

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?