Today I would like to write about being thankful for the movie below and specifically the actor, Kirk Cameron, who plays the lead role in the movie. Kirk believes so much in his wedding vows and has made a promise to his wife, Chelsea, that no matter the part, he will never compromise his vows, and kiss another woman, even if the part calls for it.So in this movie, when you see him kissing the woman...his wife, Chelsea, put on a wig and stood in for the actress playing his wife so that he could keep his commitment to her. YES! I am thankful that this movie is being made. I'm thankful that Kirk takes such a stand for marriage and commitment and will not compromise.
As a side note...Kirk Cameron was in my sister Candy's graduating class and she had classes with him. At their graduation, he was very gracious to take a picture with my daughter, Krystle.
Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her"
For more thankful thursday posts, join Iris by clicking on my sidebar and link up!




















40 comments:
This was an incredibly neat TT to share! I saw a trailer for this movie months ago - it looks incredible. Have a wonderful week ahead!
Wow, what a cool post. Cameron is a man of God and I am sure he is well pleased. Great post. Have a wonderful TT.
I cannot wait to see this movie, bless you.
I heard that too. That is awesome! I cannot wait to see that movie!
wow! i pray to God that my husband will have that kind of conviction too. amazing! thanks for sharing this, debra. God bless.
What a lovely thankful post! Kirk Cameron? Was he the one who acted in Growing Pains?
AMEN! AMEN! I like Kirk too - he is a wonderful role model for young men everywhere.
Praising God today with you!
In His amazing grace,
jill
Thanks for sharing that information. I had no idea! That is unusual for a great actor. Great Post!
Thank God for husbands that take such a stand for marriage and commitment and will not compromise! May all husbands honor the Lord in their marriages, and love their wives just as Christ loved the church. Thanks for sharing with us. Take care and God bless!
I"m looking forward to seeing this movie. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.
Great post! Can't wait to see the movie. Happy Thankful Thursday.
What a testimony! Thank you for sharing this on TT.
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee
A Blessed TT to you!
I keep hearing about this movie and must go see it. Love the info you shared about Kirk Cameron.
Happy Thankful Thursday!
I almost bought the book at Lifeway the other day... and now I'm kicking myself, wishing I had it. Looks really good.
And we should all be thankful for the few actors/singers/entertainers who walk their talk despite the fact that their very business goes against their beliefs most of the time.
Great post. Thanks for sharing.
Happy TT
Cheryl
I am so glad you posted this. I appreciate his stance as well and hope he can have influence on the Hollywood culture. I can't wait to see the movie.
Hi Debra! I did not know that about Kirk Cameron. That is so respectable. I'm very excited to see this movie with my hubby. Blessings to you sweet friend!
I can't wait to see that movie. It's going to be great. Where is the picture of your daughter and Kirk lol. I remember watching Kirk in Growing Pains when I was a teenager and now watching his life unfold as a Christian is so inspiring.
Blessings to you.
I was SOOOOoooooo in love with Kirk Cameron when I was a wee little one! I had posters of him all over my room! So glad to see that I knew how to pick 'em even back then!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Have a great TT!
Blessings...
Learned something new today. Something worth reading. I loved this. And I, too, am thankful for Cameron's commitment to his wife. Can't wait to see the movie.
Have a wonderful week!
Rest in Him,
Tiffany
I'm so glad to participate in thankful Thursday. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. I think Hollywood needs to see that people will pay for good family oriented movies. Way to go, Kirk Cameron for taking that stand.
Well Debra, how cool is this post!! I didn't know these facts about Kirk. Thanks for sharing. His commitment is something to applaud. I knew he was a Christian, but I didn't know about the decisions he would consciously make while making a movie, not compromising.
My husband and I are looking forward to seeing this movie. In fact, by the suggestion of another blogger, we're going to make that an intentional date night. It looks like it's going to be another good one by the same producers as Facing the Giants.
Thanks for your post.
I'm so thankful for this young man too. He is such a powerful witness for Christ and for the power of God. How I wish there were more stars in Hollywood like him. I think this will be a great movie.
Debra,
Loved your Thankful Thursday and that movie is one I just have to see. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Mary
I heard this story as well... So cool!!! Blessings
I saw this one last week..I am so looking forward to this coming out. My dad told me that he wouldn't kiss the actress in one of the scenes, instead they dressed up his wife to look like her so he could kiss her instead.
Is that awesome or what??!
Thanks for visiting my site today. I can not wait to see this movie. Thanks for posting about it on your site. We all need to be FIREPROOF!
I hadn't heard about that. So glad you shared!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! What a treat to meet new friends. :D
Hi Debra, thank you for your Thankful Thursday and for this info. Very interesting. It feels so good to see people take a stand for God.
Thank you as well for stopping by my blog.
Vickie
That is awesome! I didn't know that. I really respect him even more. Thanks for this post.
What a wonderful thing to know! I can't wait for this movie to come out!
Thanks for sharing! I'll look forward to this movie.
Oh, I just pray that this movie will be shown here in our country.
I watched "facing the giants", i watched it so many times, it's an awesome movie.
thank you for visiting my site:)
Blessings
jhunnelle
That is so cool! Yeah, Kirk's a good guy. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, but with a baby and no babysitter, I'll probably have to wait for the DVD. I'm so glad films with Christian values are being released and so well received. Blessings to you!
Thanks for stopping by my TT post today and I commend you for setting aside funds each month to bless someone. God will certainly pour out His blessings upon you for your obedience. Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us today and telling us about htis movie...Cameron has proven to be a godly man and I am sure anything he is in is worthy. -Blessings, Laurie
What a cool story! We LOVED Facing the Giants, and we plan to watch this one, too. My son changes his mind all the time on what he wants to be when he grows up. Recently he wanted to make Christian movies! :-)
I have been seeing about the movie all over the Christian women blogging community - I really have to check it out the weekend. How cool the Kirk is keeping the commitment to his wife and that she was willing to 'stand-in' for the kissing part.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.
Be blessed today and always.
I'm excited to see this movie. I didn't know about Kirk kissing his wife in the movie! How cool is that?
Blessings Debra...What a wonderful way to share this movie that we all are waiting to see and looking forward to seeing Fireproof! Looks from what I read today,(at Nancie's
forM4M but your post today handles beautifully with your husband's covering & shield), you need to be FIREPROOF and resilient! I'm sorry
for the hurt another caused you! I don't make light of it! But don't you kinda see a similarity between Kirk and your own beloved!!! What a beautiful tidbit you shared here of Kirk and his our motive and commitment to his wife! Though I do not think that in "acting", it would be a compromise on his vows, it could lead to that and he is honorable and very wise not to submit to the temptation & make a stand! YEAH!!!! for principles & morales still in leading men that
really lead...in Christ's purity
and morality needed in our society!
Great commitment...much like yours
and also your husband! He does rock! Bless your week and guard your heart and mind!
Post a Comment