We have very dear friends back home. We did not get to see them this weekend, but, they are precious to us.
During our morning devotions, Joshua remembered how our friend would always close every prayer. He said he found it last night when he was looking for something in his Bible. He will often find songs in the Psalms from different groups that he likes and he will bounce up the stairs and tell me that he thinks that is soooo cool that they took the words from the Bible.
I asked him to show me the verse he found and when he did, I could hear my friends deep voice closing in prayer. The words are powerful and they come from
the book of Jude beginning in verse 24...please let them wash over you this morning. I wish you knew this man and you could hear his very deep voice and his strong love of the Lord..but you can know this...Jude was written by the half-brother of Jesus Christ. He and James were sons of Mary and Joseph. What we know about Jude is that he and James both served as leaders in the early church, as servants of Jesus Christ.
Jude didn't give instructions on how to contend for the faith. Rather, he encouraged his readers to maintain a solid walk with the Lord, being built up in the faith and keeping themselves in the love of God. He closes like this:
verse 24-25 "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless, Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen"
Thankful Thursday
2 weeks ago




















11 comments:
Amen,
To Him wo is able...
My dear husband is ON IT this morning. I am proud of him. Keep us covered. I love you to peices even when I'm in peices.
(((((((BIG HUH)))))))
That is a beautiful verse to use to close a prayer. I love that Joshua found the verse and shared it with you.
I am so glad to serve a Lord who will uplift me in the midst of my falls and struggles! Heaven knows I need Him!
I also meant to say that I am excited to have you join Be Still Sunday. I'm sorry I'm just now getting over to introduce myself personally to you. I'm so glad I did!
We use to sing that as a song in church. The second time through the men would sing the first half and the women sang a matching harmony tune of Hallelujah and then we would switch and finish it. It always gave me chills to hear us sing that! I LOVE that verse!
Very beautiful my friend, enjoyed this.
I came to you from Holly's blog and I just have to say I LOV EYOUR POLKA DOTS (and yes, I had to yell it!!) They are precious!!
:)
Hi Debra, i answered your ? on my blog, and it was a great ? to ask so thank you. I feel like I know you !No time now, but i'll be back;)
Amen! To God be the glory, Who alone is able to keep us from stumbling and to present us faultless before His presence! What a precious and comforting reminder! Thank you for sharing this with us. It brings much encouragement to me today. May God bless your love for Him and His Words.
Love your blog. Thanks for the scripture. I enjoyed my visit here. Have a great week! God Bless~
What a beautiful verse. And how cool that Joshua found it. Thanks so much for sharing.
And thanks for coming by today and visiti.
Have a Blessed Wednesday,
Sherry
Post a Comment