Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Truthful Tuesday

Here is a beautiful song by Rebecca St. James that speaks to abstinenance. What I love about this video is the young man is also shown to be waiting upon the Lord.

My son and I had the delicate conversation between 'lust' and 'love' in our morning devotions. For a real definition of love one must only go to 1 Corinthians 13. The contrast is striking between love and lust...lust is described in the 7th proverb with a person who uses enticing speeches to cause one to yield or stumble into immoral situations. Lust is not love.

1st Corinthians 13:4-7 speaks of love this way "Love suffers long and is king; love does not envy; love does not parade itself; it is not puffed up; does not behave rudely; does not seek its own, is not provoked; thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things, endures all things"

Yes, love is worth waiting for!

3 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

What a sweet post. I didn't get to listen to the song yet but I will tonight. What a wonderful mom you are that you share these moments with you son.
You Bless.

bp said...

I totally LOVE this song. It has such a great message.

Denise said...

You are a wonderful mom my friend, love you.

Would you like to listen to some music while you browse?